Stargate chevron build finally finished, also with video

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Camaro91

Re: another Stargate chevron wall light build, long overdue update

Agreed both look beautiful! I'd be interested when you do a run

Jsimon999

Was never a big Stargate fan but I must say that is a VERY awesome piece. I may have to revisit the show.

Nice job!!!

:thumbsup
Jon

DrewSmith007

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Stunning! Very jealous guy here.

Mole

Beautiful!

Erm, I mean they look terrible. Please send them to me so I can dispose of them properly for you.

andy19422

Sr Member

Actually there is only one, I am using an LED strip that has thirteen colours so I can even make it pink:lol

Star Raider

Phenomenal build! Well done! Now send to me for proper disposal! xD

Stitch

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Any plans to do a small run of these? I know I could sell these on my site as well...

Orbital Drydock

Very nice! I'm a huge SG fan & love the accuracy & attention to detail. Only 8 more to go right;)

MasterDurangus

Wow... gorgeous. I love the blue one. Awesome job man!

andy19422

Sr Member

Thanks for all the compliments guys, hopefully it will be on the wall by the weekend:love

Stitch

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The green is cool too, wish with SGU they used green and not redesigned the gate. I was never found of the Morse Code dots...

andy19422

Sr Member

Well after ten months I have finally finished the chevron.

By andy19422 at 2012-08-12
I was working till 9.30 last night, my wife was NOT happy, I forgot our second wedding anniversary :facepalm:behave:facepalm
Here is a pic taken from the back without the back cover on, you can see how I fitted the lights and electrics.

Here is a pic from the front with the center panel fitted, you can see the wooden blocks that I screwed the large V too.

Here is a link to a video SAM 1218 - YouTube
Now for my next project;)

Last edited:

andy19422

Sr Member
The LED remote that I got with the strip has thirteen colours and the LED's can also be dimmed, my other strip I brought for my Stargate Universe wall sconces also has a diy function so you make different shades as well

Stitch

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Sorry I never made any plans, I just made it up as I went along. Try here for lots of great reference photos https://picasaweb.google.com/106154105695443794525
I will be selling these, hopefully in a few weeks once I finish remaking the chevron mold.
Him and I have been talking so any of you that are fans of my site I will be offering them there as well. Especially for any of you that have NON-RPF friends so we can get word out more on these! These are so awesome I had to have them for my consignment section. :love