Stargate Atlantis Ronon Dex Pistol

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Futurescape3D, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Futurescape3D

Futurescape3D Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hello all!

We finished designing and 3D printing this rendition of the Ronon Dex pistol from Stargate Atlantis and we wanted to get some feedback on it. I know it needs some detail work, but for a first draft it wasn't too bad. We added a black matte finish to give it a nice, smooth feel and added some weight in the handle to give it some heft too. Let me know what you think!

Finished 1.jpg Finished 2.jpg Finished 3.jpg Ronon Dex Replica.jpg

2. MontagueFlange

MontagueFlange Active Member

Where did you get the 3D files from ? I'd love to print one of these.

Futurescape3D likes this.
  3. Futurescape3D

Futurescape3D Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

We actually designed this model ourselves! We want to make it a little more screen-accurate, so we're still working on making it better.

4. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Looks like the grip needs to be scaled down a bit and be more at an angle

5. Johnnyfl

Johnnyfl Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Hi, looks good for a first attempt but the proportions are slightly wrong as the grip is more raked at an angle, the trigger guard is too square and if anything the barrel is a little too long. The hero is also actually a dark metallic blue rather than black. I actually have the production made print shown in your last picture. I have attached a couple of images of 1 of the only 2 hero pistols made. This was sold by Propstore which I hope will help. The other hero, I understand was kept by Jason Momoa. Best regards John

Stargate_Atlantis_Ronans_Gun_scale.jpg Stargate_Atlantis_Ronans_Gun_11.jpg Stargate_Atlantis_Ronans_Gun_4.jpg Stargate_Atlantis_Ronans_Gun_12.jpg

Sean likes this.