Stargate Ancient drone tentacle question

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by andy19422, May 8, 2012.

1. andy19422

andy19422 Well-Known Member

I have always loved the look of this weapon but buying one was way over my budget. I am thinking about having a go at building one, at the moment I'm trying to find some details on it. what would be the best way of making the tentacles? They look like they and made from lots of small cups that go down in size, anyone know if they are a real item or made for the show. It seems like a lot of work to make lots of different sizes.
    [​IMG]
    By andy19422 at 2012-05-08
    Does anyone have some more photos that aren't on Google, especially the underside.

2. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

I believe it's missing the outer shell of the Drone as well, there are more picture elsewhere with the outer shell intact.

3. andy19422

Yes here is the pic with the cover.
    [​IMG]
    By andy19422 at 2012-05-09
    The drone it's self I think I have figured. The legs are made from separate parts in the screen used prop but I think I will sculpt it, then cast them in flexible foam with a wire down the centre so they can be posed and less likely to be broken off.

4. Alan Castillo

Alan Castillo Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Excellent idea :thumbsup

Very much interested to see this come to life !

5. Braytak

Braytak Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

thats looks hard bro good luck , cant wait to see what you come up with

6. silverskyes402

silverskyes402 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It's made from a million little pieces that have a wire running down the middle, trust,me, I've studied the molds, the main "bulb" is vac formed, as well as the head shell which is halves together, everything else on the pieces is resin, down to smaller body and tentacles, and there will be a screen used one up on ebay next week...so get your wallets ready

7. andy19422

Hi, thanks for the info, I did think one was coming up on ebay but unfortunately I don't have the cash. Some of your props made good money on ebay a few days ago. I prefer Ebay to live auctioneers, that 23% premium is a killer. The gate sections were just over my limit with the fees :cry Any chance of grabbing some drone shots for me, especially the underside?

8. susje00

susje00 Member