Starfleet Officer's retirement display

nwjedidave

Sr Member
maybe this question can be answered by someone who has been in the military?

when you retire, what items (besides your uniform) do you get to keep?

i'm setting up a Trek display with me and my father (passed away) and was thinking of displaying my Dad as a retired Starfleet officer whom isn't with us anymore...

maybe a display case with "his" command uniform, (folded) MR phaser and MR communicator ... i was also thinking about a starfleet flag folded as well, but i'm not that sold on the flag idea...

pictures would be wonderful for those that have them... (your Trek displays)
thanks in advance
NWJEDI
dave

My father's U.S. Navy retirement display has the folded flag from his retirement ceremony, a brass plate with his name and grade on it, and all his uniform insignia, ribbons, and medals.

I would think the Trek equivalent would be a similar plain brass plate with name and rank, a folded UFP flag, and whatever pins/badges/patches/stripes/braids/medals are worn on the dress uniform. If you display those items in a shadowbox it would look like a real retirement presentation. You could always display the phaser and communicator next to the shadowbox.

I hope that helps.

Mike

I don't know if this would be of any help, but didn't Data have some kind of medal case at some point? I remember him packing it, I think in a relatively early episode of TNG, but can't recall which one.

The Measure of a Man. Where Data is put on trial as to whether he is "alive" or a machine.

[attachmentid=7458]

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back