STARFEST 2006 - Denver, CO

t2sides

Master Member
I've had a lot of questions about how the 'unveiling' of the 66" Enterprise went at the StarFest Con in Denver last weekend.

I've posted a page here:
http://squaremodels.com/starfest2006.htm

George Takacs (SaintG from Timeslip Creations), Ryan Comer (Belleauwood, resinhead) and Steve Neisen (SWPropmaker of Nice'n Models) were all on hand to give me a TON of help to unload and load the big beast. We were also fortunate enough to have George Takei (Sulu) come into the room, and we had the room locked so we could have some private time with him. He told us some great stories, and took some photo poses with the Big Enterprise. Thanks to everyone who came out to see the ship, and to the guys above for their help.. We'll be bringing her out to Wonderfest, so try and get out there.

ALSO, on the website, I updated the VIPER MKII model kit with more pics of the weathering, and also put up a new page for the BSG Emblem Plaques/Model Bases, our first product offering from SquareModels.
See the home page for links to those pages: http://squaremodels.com

Enjoy the updates.

-Sean

The Enterprise is incredible. Fine, fine work.

One question : The new Cylon Raider in the pics...is that a kit, or the actual studio version?

I second that. That E is amazing.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RickDTM @ May 1 2006, 04:00 PM) [snapback]1236376[/snapback]</div>
The Enterprise is incredible. Fine, fine work.

One question : The new Cylon Raider in the pics...is that a kit, or the actual studio version?
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(t2sides @ Apr 30 2006, 03:45 PM) [snapback]1236086[/snapback]</div>
I've had a lot of questions about how the 'unveiling' of the 66" Enterprise went at the StarFest Con in Denver last weekend.

I've posted a page here:
http://squaremodels.com/starfest2006.htm

George Takacs (SaintG from Timeslip Creations), Ryan Comer (Belleauwood, resinhead) and Steve Neisen (SWPropmaker of Nice'n Models) were all on hand to give me a TON of help to unload and load the big beast. We were also fortunate enough to have George Takei (Sulu) come into the room, and we had the room locked so we could have some private time with him. He told us some great stories, and took some photo poses with the Big Enterprise. Thanks to everyone who came out to see the ship, and to the guys above for their help.. We'll be bringing her out to Wonderfest, so try and get out there.

ALSO, on the website, I updated the VIPER MKII model kit with more pics of the weathering, and also put up a new page for the BSG Emblem Plaques/Model Bases, our first product offering from SquareModels.
See the home page for links to those pages: http://squaremodels.com

Enjoy the updates.

-Sean
[/b]

Sean,... Does Jim Key still sell these beauties? The last I spoke with him I got the impression he wasn't going to make them any longer, but when I spoke with Scott (Cardboard) today he said Jim still may be selling them. :confused

One thing is for sure....your build is AWESOME... Then again,...what else would we expect from you?. :thumbsup :D :thumbsup

You are truly one of the best. B)

[/quote]

Sean,... Does Jim Key still sell these beauties? The last I spoke with him I got the impression he wasn't going to make them any longer, but when I spoke with Scott (Cardboard) today he said Jim still may be selling them. :confused

One thing is for sure....your build is AWESOME... Then again,...what else would we expect from you?. :thumbsup :D :thumbsup

You are truly one of the best. B)
[/quote]

Thanks everyone, appreciate the comments, it was a great show.

As to the Cylon Raider, that is "Howling Wolf's" 1/24 Kit. I'll have it, the viper, the basestar and the mini-g all at Wonderfest.

Kurt, I don't believe Jim makes these available as a kit. This is not a saleable kit.

-Sean

I was able to see this thing in person at starfest, man it was jaw dropping. All of the models there were top shelf. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back