Star Wars Westar M5 ARC Blaster by Tactonyx

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Tactonyx

Greetings everyone, while not a big Star Wars fan, I was somehow talked into building this particular blaster. Truth be told, if I were to build anything Star Wars related, it would be the Rail Detonator from Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight (Ahh... Good times....) Anyways, while it's not my favorite, in matter of fact, it's something I would never build to begin with, I got this thing built and sent to Ithica for molding. So without further ado, here's my M5 ARC Blaster:

This is what I don't like about expanded universe stuff, there are so many different designs for a single weapon that making an accurate model is really difficult. So instead I redesinged it so it was more to my liking and was more comfortable to hold and handle. In a sense it's still canon, just a poorly conceived design redesigned to be more ergo friendly.

So here we start

Most of the way done

Getting there...

Getting there...

Aaannnddd done!

Here's a closeup of the glorified flash hider

I forgot what it said, but I'm sure someone will nerd out and tell me

Here's an exploded M5

Recap

I'm not quite done with this yet, I plan on going back and making a underbarrel grenade launcher, somthing akin to the GP-25. I intentionally extended the barrel and flash hider so teh grenade launcher wouldn't extend past the end of the barrel. Also I made the plug under the barrel detachable so I could attach a GL.
I hope you guy's enjoy the blaster, and as usual, feel free to comment.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Tactonyx

Like I said before, I sent this to Ithica to be copied, but once I get my copy I'll definately paint this.