Star Wars weapons display

bothanspy

Sr Member
Went to Wal*Mart and bought some peg boards, painted them silver and use them to hang my weapons.

What do you guys think?

BothanSpy~ it seems like more of a practical solution rather than a good looking one. I don't say that to be mean, it's my honest opinion. Displaying props often takes as much effort as making them.

I would say that at least you have them all out and on display. That's better than me. Most of mine are in boxes in storage.

It is a very nice collection--great to see all the SW weapons together. I'd personally like to see each one a little more carefully displayed, give each a little more breathing room. Space around a prop is like a pause in speaking. It lets you appreciate what has been said, and anticipate what is to come. A little extra room around each prop would give it more impact.

:)
~ jediscout

jediscout. Totally agree.. I just need a bigger house :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(jediscout @ Jul 9 2006, 09:06 PM) [snapback]1277685[/snapback]</div>
BothanSpy~ it seems like more of a practical solution rather than a good looking one. I don't say that to be mean, it's my honest opinion. Displaying props often takes as much effort as making them.

I would say that at least you have them all out and on display. That's better than me. Most of mine are in boxes in storage.

It is a very nice collection--great to see all the SW weapons together. I'd personally like to see each one a little more carefully displayed, give each a little more breathing room. Space around a prop is like a pause in speaking. It lets you appreciate what has been said, and anticipate what is to come. A little extra room around each prop would give it more impact.

:)
~ jediscout
[/b]

Looks good, but you need more pegboard to balance out the display (so they don't poke over the edge).

If you go to Home Depot or some other larger store, they have huge sheets of pegboard with what seems like metal, but it's just coated on. Anyway, it might look better than silver paint since the texture will be smooth like steel. Go check it out and let us know what you think in comparison. :)

Looking great, but I agree about the idea of getting another sheet of pegboard if you have the possibility to put it on somewhere.

I displayed most of my blasters on sheet metal wall-panels and to me it´s a good compromise between a stylish and a room saving display ( I have a small appartement).

ONE QUESTION...
Where did you get the Pizza Hut blaster from?
Could you please tell me more about it/ post some additional pics please?

Thanks, Markus :)

Looks good, but personally I'd have made the backdrop black rather than silver... IMHO it'd show up the weapons better.

Hey jediscout

Here´s my sheet metal blaster wall display to give you an idea how it can look like.
I have rearranged some of the blasters since the pic was taken, but you get an idea what you have to come up with when display space IS an issue...

Bothanspy...I´d recommend to rearrange the blasters as long as you found the optimal position for each one. If possible, get yourself 2 additional pegboards to have a bit more display space. Good luck.

Oh....and please don´t forget to tell me about the Naboo blaster... :D

DSC00421_1.JPG

Besides of that I have 2 glass cabinets in my office and a glass display for my vintage SW figures.

Markus

Thanks guys for the comment. Yes, when you do not have the proper room to display your props, it's either put them in boxes or cramp them together in small spaces :(

The Naboo blaster is a resin casting of a screen used blaster, and then painted accordingly. Nice, heavy and solid. Makes a great display. :)

<div class='quotetop'>(Reverend Scapegoat @ Jul 10 2006, 08:41 AM) [snapback]1277800[/snapback]</div>
personally I'd have made the backdrop black rather than silver... IMHO it'd show up the weapons better.
[/b]

Not quite getting how black weapons would show better against a black backdrop...?

<div class='quotetop'>(PHArchivist @ Jul 10 2006, 03:01 PM) [snapback]1278064[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Reverend Scapegoat @ Jul 10 2006, 08:41 AM) [snapback]1277800[/snapback]
personally I'd have made the backdrop black rather than silver... IMHO it'd show up the weapons better.
[/b]

Not quite getting how black weapons would show better against a black backdrop...?
[/b][/quote]

Hehe you beat me to it there PHA, black would be the worst color to use.

perhaps matching your wall color would be a better way to go, so the emphasis is all on the weapons and not the display. great selection btw..

I did a display for a store I used to work at that looked like that one.

The only difference is that I took some black velvet and covered the ped board with it.

I then mounted everything. It looked pretty good.

FB

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back