Star Wars watches, Pretty cool but damn their expensive

doppelganger

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi all, just found these Star Wars inspired watches. They are pretty cool but i'm not paying that for an $8 casio in drag.

I do like the Boba Fett one though.

That is about the average price for a Nixon watch. They are a higher quality brand than Casio.

Though, I’d go with an Invicta Star Wars watch as they are more solidly built:

I remember back in the late 70's I had a Texas Instruments LED watch that had a sticker of the McQuarrie concept art where Vader is fighting Luke.

As an 8 year old, I loved the image on it but was very confused since I did not see that scene in the movie. They had not dueled and Luke wasn't even on what I assumed was the blockade runner. Then a couple years later Empire came out, and I was waiting the whole movie for a scene like this to come on

starwars-ralphmcquarriebook1p039claserduel.jpg

I'm not sure what happened to it over the years, but I found this pic f one with a different sticker on it. Never realized they had different ones art available

texasinstrumentstarwarsled3.jpg

Nixon watches are fashion watches with no real value. Buy one for the novelty if you're a Star Wars fan but don't expect a real quality watch.

Invicta aren't much better but the movements in them are usually reliable, at least the ones that use the Miyota or Seiko ones. Those prices for the SW ones are ridiculous though, I'd never spend that much on an Invicta. Never ever pay full price for one or even their "discounted" price either.

I remember back in the late 70's I had a Texas Instruments LED watch that had a sticker of the McQuarrie concept art where Vader is fighting Luke.

As an 8 year old, I loved the image on it but was very confused since I did not see that scene in the movie. They had not dueled and Luke wasn't even on what I assumed was the blockade runner. Then a couple years later Empire came out, and I was waiting the whole movie for a scene like this to come on

View attachment 1041877

I'm not sure what happened to it over the years, but I found this pic f one with a different sticker on it. Never realized they had different ones art available

View attachment 1041878
I got that black TI Watch for Christmas back in 1978 or 1979, and I still have it on display today. I love that thing!

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back