Star Wars Visits Dream World - Pick Heavy

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by cavx, May 11, 2012.

1. cavx

cavx Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I guess this is the right place for this. Last week end, Dream World on the Gold Coast was visited by the 501st's "Redback Garrison". There was some very cool costumes and it was really good to see the enthusiasm for both their love for STAR WARS and the charity work they do.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And even thought their website says "no rebel scum allowed", there was a collection of rebels and this neat spin on R2D2 which I think will be one of my next projects. Maybe the kids will actually use him :$
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    $500+ domes indeed. This one is made from a $10 bin :lol

I also captured some HD video of the parade.

Last edited: May 12, 2012
  2. Rennoc

Rennoc New Member

Awesome! We 501st guys do some pretty cool stuff :)

3. cavx

Yes you guys do and why I want to join up :)

4. cavx

5. Bigmac

Bigmac New Member

hey that's me in the first shot with you.

Great too hear you had a great day by the sounds of it, and if you have not already signed up on the redback forums just pm me and i can give you the web address.

cheers Bigmac.

6. Stormy320

Stormy320 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

You guys really look great.

I love the snow trooper. Who is that?

7. cavx

Really? Cool :) I was given some business cards by a few of the other guys that were near the "helmet" prize and Death Star back drop.

I did a search on line and whilst my wife said a Stormtrooper would be the easiest way in, I am kind of wanting to do a custom suit of one of my favorite bounty hunters ESB - BOSSK. I have not seen a BOSSK yet and understand that the DENGAR was the first in Australia.

8. Bigmac

Bigmac New Member

there is already a bossk in melbourne "knightfall squad" that is part of TAG or Terror Australis Garrison. And also i do believe that one guy in our group has one too. but i dont know if he has finished it.

jump on the the QLD garrison website in the fresh recruits section and introduce your self.