Star Wars Visions anime (Disney+)

I've been wishing for an anime Star Wars project for a while now, so I'm thrilled about this one. Even those Galaxy of Heroes shorts they've been making for awhile are just gorgeous. But in the hands of the world's best Japanese anime studios...:love:

All episodes have dropped. It's all I was wishing for & more!

EDIT: After watching a few more episodes, I have a couple things...

First, I don't suggest binging all the episodes. They really need to breathe individually & good vs evil can kinda start blending together.

Second, fair warning, but there are some habits/trappings/themes in anime that are very prevalent here, & will not be everyone's cup of tea (lightsaber umbrella, suitless fight in space, chibi-style for established characters, etc).

My opinion is, if you're a Star Wars fan you will probably enjoy most of these stories, but if you're an anime fan, you'll probably enjoy them all. Your individual mileage, of course, may vary.

Last edited:
A few of the episodes are decent and others are like a Star Wars foam party. The fact that it's SW in some of the episodes seems like a footnote lost to the anime but maybe that's just my perception. I'm glad that I watched it, different is better than rinse and repeat. There were some unique visuals that would translate really well to a live action movie or show and add some well needed imagination. The animation, drawing, production values & voice overs are all stellar. I enjoyed the first episode the most, except the dreaded umbrella lightsaber.

Beware of dialogue...
"The Saber Smith? So you're the one with the sabers then?" Remarkable lol.
"Where were you planning on going, to a galaxy far far away?" For real, a character actually said this.

Last edited:
My feelings on the show (which I liked) summed up in one meme-
68447~2.png

I’ve watched the first few episodes. Not really into anime so it’s not anything that excites me. I’ll watch them all but probably won’t rewatch afterwards.

I wish they had built this into more of an engaging launchpad. Had they released all the episodes asking that the viewers vote on the one they wanted a full series from I think they could have done much more. While this anthology was neat I just wanted more out of each episode but was suddenly thrust into something completely different.

Personally I think they should have done an entire series around Lop and that family dynamic.

Concept-wise, I think 'The Ninth Jedi' was the most compelling idea. Setting it so far in the future allowed the Jedi, Sith, the Force, & even how lightsabers work, to still exist, but be realized in a fresh way.

Im a bit disappointed that a lightsaber/jedi had to show up in EVERY one of these.
I would assume the heavy focus on the Jedi/Sith is because Lucas heavily based the concepts of the OT Jedi and Sith on the Samurai. As such, it's not totally unexpected to me that many Japanese animators might feel their strongest connections to those Character Archetypes/Concepts and want to explore those specific areas of the Star Wars Universe. I can see how it is something that would feel very natural and fitting to their culture/heritage, as they were pretty much directly borrowed from them in the first place by Lucas, and would therefore be something that a Japanese Anime studio would want to focus on.

I watched the first 3, I liked Tatooine Rhapsody the most with the exception of the song itself. Would have liked to see something a little more in-universe sounding

Well, it was interesting, more fun than not. It is what it is. Kind of like going to a film festival, you're going to see a lot of different styles, interpretations and skill levels, and not everything is going to be one's cup of tea.
Ep 7, where a jedi and padawan fight an ancient Sith: whoo BOY was that overwritten. Yakkity yakkity yak yak yak.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back