Star Wars Trading Post

Jonflake88

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For those that haven’t heard, out here in California, Disney has converted the old rainforest cafe into a dedicated fully themed Star Wars store. Called “Star Wars Trading Post” It seems they have lots of items previously only available in the park at galaxy’s edge, alongside a host of other items. I will be in Anaheim this weekend and of course plan to check it out.

I know getting to galaxy’s edge is something that is very difficult for some people to make happen, if ever. That being said I’d like to offer to pick up some items for those who won’t be able to make that happen anytime soon. I don’t know what they will have stocked but if you know a specific item you want that they may carry I’m happy to look. You would need to the cover cost of the item and shipping costs. Beyond that I don’t want any fee. I won’t be able to pick up any super expensive items, so just keep that in mind. I would ask that you don’t re-sell the item. I just want to help Star Wars fans like myself get ahold of items for their own collection that they might not be able to otherwise. Not for people profit from it. If anyone is interested you can reply or message

How did it go?
I'm pretty sure its not open yet. But I live in San diego, only a few parsecs from downtown Disney.
When it does open, I will go as soon as I can.

Please get some pictures in there!

I'd have to see what they have before I could attempt to make a list of what I might want. I have family in LA LA land, who might be persuaded to stop in for me... I've been meaning to head out to have a beer with Adam as well, though he has no idea about that, or who the heck I am for that matter... But it's still a plan of mine.

How did it go?
I'm pretty sure its not open yet. But I live in San diego, only a few parsecs from downtown Disney.
When it does open, I will go as soon as I can.
I'm going this weekend. I just happen to be down in Anaheim this weekend to get my E-bike sorted out. Perfect timing. Right now its a preview for legacy pass holders, opens to the public on Friday.

Please get some pictures in there!

I'd have to see what they have before I could attempt to make a list of what I might want. I have family in LA LA land, who might be persuaded to stop in for me... I've been meaning to head out to have a beer with Adam as well, though he has no idea about that, or who the heck I am for that matter... But it's still a plan of mine.
I will for sure get lots of photos, the outside looks pretty cool with Rey's Speeder parked out front etc.

I'm next weekend all day Sunday!!!!!
I will for sure get a ton of close up pics of those falcon breather masks and canisters for that thread. I still want to make a few.

I tried to get in the other day but they’re using a virtual line system that I didn’t have time to wait in. Really neat looking place on the outside. It’s got a certain scale that I feel GE is missing

I'm next weekend all day Sunday!!!!!
I will for sure get a ton of close up pics of those falcon breather masks and canisters for that thread. I still want to make a few.
Enjoy! Im looking to head back and try again in a week or two. Let me know how long the wait is to get into downtown disney...

I tried to get in the other day but they’re using a virtual line system that I didn’t have time to wait in. Really neat looking place on the outside. It’s got a certain scale that I feel GE is missing
That's basically what happened to me, I didn't even get into downtown disney as it was going to be a 2+ hour wait just for that alone...

I realize what they’re dealing with as far as restrictions go, but if there was a food/drink element to the Trading Post I think I would have been more willing to wait for a spot in line. As it is I figured I’ve seen all this merch and likely wouldn’t buy anything anyway, so it wasn’t worth the wait just to look around

Yeah I hope lines aren't too bad. Sitter won't be at my house until 9, and it's at least 1.5 hour drive from deep in San Diego, so... hopefully it's not too bad?

I realize what they’re dealing with as far as restrictions go, but if there was a food/drink element to the Trading Post I think I would have been more willing to wait for a spot in line. As it is I figured I’ve seen all this merch and likely wouldn’t buy anything anyway, so it wasn’t worth the wait just to look around
Ronto Wraps and Blue Milks seem pretty easy to pull off I’d say. Though when the parks are likely to be open in some capacity in the next 3-6 months they probably aren’t going to invest in making that happen.

Yeah I hope lines aren't too bad. Sitter won't be at my house until 9, and it's at least 1.5 hour drive from deep in San Diego, so... hopefully it's not too bad?
We ended up being there at probably the worst possible time, right around 4 or 5 just before dinner. I would bet earlier in the day would be a lot better.

What I will look like driving up the 5 fwy in a couple days!
tumblr_o04xnfB6m41sdxieoo1_r1_400.gifv (1).gif

Actually my wife was with me lol
Got me a $70 xwing helmet!
And these pics!

Attachments

• 20210307_165444.jpg
    20210307_165444.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
  • 20210307_165506.jpg
    20210307_165506.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 75
  • 20210307_165522.jpg
    20210307_165522.jpg
    975.6 KB · Views: 83
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back