Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Pre-release)

I swear I don't think I've seen a film with so many supposed leaks. And each one is different. And I wouldn't be surprised if some of the leaks aren't purposeful misdirections.
I know right! There have been more "leaks" in this movie that I've ever seen! And like you said they aren't ever consistent whatsoever!

Most of it is fan theories but there may be pieces of the actual script in the mix somewhere. There are rumors floating around that Lucasfilm is toying with wildly different final cuts of the film.

I swear I don't think I've seen a film with so many supposed leaks. And each one is different. And I wouldn't be surprised if some of the leaks aren't purposeful misdirections.

100% agree

JJ was pissed with the ep7 leaks. He was notorious for demanding multiple endings and multiple scenes in LOST, to confuse and cover spoilers

Now rumors are 6 endings have been filmed for ep9. I believe it 100%

Maybe Supershadow is Mike Zeroh? His "leaks" certainly fit the narrative Supershadow often presented. Plus it would fit in with the timing of YouTube channels like it being so commonplace. Just a thought.

I mean honestly nothing short of the film's release is going to answer any real questions fans have and it's all speculation. All of it. I can't take any of it too seriously.

Though part of the fun is trying to Sherlock Holmes the time away until December.

I wonder how amusing it must be for directors to watch the fans clamor over every last detail of each trailer as if it reveals anything significant and they are hiding spoilers in plain sight?

I mean let's just be real here people. It is kind of ridiculous and I must laugh at myself sometimes. :lol:

I'm not sure but it was lightyears ahead of the photoshopped garbage that most movie poster art has become. Decent composition too.

Here's a good poster...

the-rise-of-skywalker-poster.jpg

From Hasbro our first look at Poe's new x-wing

It took me a while, and 3 model builds to appreciate the new x-wings in TFA. I think they're a decent design, now. Not too sure about the other ships... The T.I.E. in the new teaser I like.

But that paint scheme is awful, sorry. I get the sort of homage to the OT flight suits - maybe, but the design doesn't match the craft, imo.

The other screen grab posted from resistance looks cooler, I even like it, but that is not the Star Wars aesthetic - it looks too animae, or even contemporary auto paint job-influenced. If the did the entire new fleet and uniforms like that Resistance colorway, I may be able to get along with it.

Back in the OT, you could almost feel the WWI & II influence in both the vehicle designs and the colorways. That aesthetic, to me, is as much a character/presence in the saga as the Jedi are, and I miss it.

100% agree

JJ was pissed with the ep7 leaks. He was notorious for demanding multiple endings and multiple scenes in LOST, to confuse and cover spoilers

Now rumors are 6 endings have been filmed for ep9. I believe it 100%
It also wouldn't fit with Kevin Smith's "The final scene will melt your mind" comment if they didn't have a definite ending planned. Though, it is Kevin Smith, so take from it what you will.

I agree. It was said before too that the ships and locations often become almost characters in and of themselves. The Falcon was brought up and was a perfect example of an object that was almost alive and had traits like a character would in some broad sense. Though the addition of Lando's droid merging with the ship in Solo seemed to be too literal for my tastes.

As much as I love the production design of all the films, I can't think of a single ship design that was iconic as that, at least in the "character" sense.

While I'm sure Kevin Smith is a genuinely nice guy and very humble (from every interview I've seen of him) he's a SW apologist and I can't take his assessments seriously because he loves anything and everything Star Wars.

Here was the poster I was referring to earlier today:

star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker.jpg

Here is the full image:

pooponastick.jpg

I love that they are trying to make actual artistic posters and not just the photoshopped stuff. This one has the Drew Struzan feel which I LOVEEEE! This feels like an attempt at generating some sort of emotional response from the viewer with it's composition rather than just the lazy marketing of putting recognizable faces haphazardly on a sheet of paper.

Last edited:
I agree. It was said before too that the ships and locations often become almost characters in and of themselves. The Falcon was brought up and was a perfect example of an object that was almost alive and had traits like a character would in some broad sense. Though the addition of Lando's droid merging with the ship in Solo seemed to be too literal for my tastes.

As much as I love the production design of all the films, I can't think of a single ship design that was iconic as that, at least in the "character" sense.

While I'm sure Kevin Smith is a genuinely nice guy and very humble (from every interview I've seen of him) he's a SW apologist and I can't take his assessments seriously because he loves anything and everything Star Wars.

Here was the poster I was referring to earlier today:

View attachment 1061545

Here is the full image:

View attachment 1061546

I love that they are trying to make actual artistic posters and not just the photoshopped stuff. This one has the Drew Struzan feel which I LOVEEEE! This feels like an attempt at generating some sort of emotional response from the viewer with it's composition rather than just the lazy marketing of putting recognizable faces haphazardly on a sheet of paper.
Oh that is beautiful! That's right up there with Drew's ROTS poster, which one of my top favorites
81xap-ZTXHL._SL1500_.jpg

I have to say, I'm like you, I gravitate to those poster that have that hand painted feel. With that said, the poster for TFA was pretty good. And TLJ's was so striking, what with Luke looming over everyone, and the contrast between the reds, whites, and blacks. Then there was the double poster
star-wars-the-last-jedi-poster-ph-2560x1700.jpg

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back