Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker?

• Total voters
He could have been ANYTHING, even with the test tube cloning, but he’s just a meat puppet. He could have at least been the corpse of someone interesting, an ancient force user who died in battle that Palps exhumed and reanimated.

What a dumb cop-out.
Wasn’t that the original working title of the last of the sequel trilogy movies?

STAR WARS: EPISODE 9
WHAT A DUMB COP-OUT

F0E9EB2E-F326-4341-9618-910E66788ABA.jpeg

“Yes, children, ‘twas true love—and Miracle Max—that brought Harold Q Palpatine back for another round.”

Last edited:
"Snoke has free will, but his actions and goals are orchestrated by Sidious."

I'm sorry but that sounds like "I'm bone dry but my clothes and my body are dripping wet".
Sarcasm inbound....

Its not like there's an army of clones created by Palpatine. That have free will, yet are programed to be completely obedient, and whose actions and goals are orchestrated by Sidious. And have a inhibitor chip that cause them to target the Jedi when given the command "execute order 66." Not like that exists in Star Wars....oh wait.

Sarcasm inbound....

Its not like there's an army of clones created by Palpatine. That have free will, yet are programed to be completely obedient, and whose actions and goals are orchestrated by Sidious. And have a inhibitor chip that cause them to target the Jedi when given the command "execute order 66." Not like that exists in Star Wars....oh wait.
And yet how does that account for clones who defect? How do they manage to overide being programmed to be totally obedient? If they are totally obedient then the thought of removing their inhibitor chip would never cross their minds. Though that is just a rabbit hole that deviates from the point.

At the very least having an entire army to execute your orders makes more sense than having some vague, mostly powerless, figurehead in Snoke, especially when his entire presence ended up being irrelevant by Episode 9.

The more they try and fix the ST the more cracks in the foundation are exposed. I can't help but laugh.

Last edited:
Sarcasm inbound....

It boggles my mind how you cannot see the obvious contradictions in your own sentences. Either that or you have a really strange concept if free will and I'm not in a philosophical mood so if that's the case I just move along.

Last edited:
And yet how does that account for clones who defect? How do they manage to overide being programmed to be totally obedient? If they are totally obedient then the thought of removing their inhibitor chip would never cross their minds. Though that is just a rabbit hole that deviates from the point.

At the very least having an entire army to execute your orders makes more sense than having some vague, mostly powerless, figurehead in Snoke, especially when his entire presence ended up being irrelevant by Episode 9.

The more they try and fix the ST the more cracks in the foundation are exposed. I can't help but laugh.
Having a proxy ruler to fight your battles for you while your incapacitated, to draw attention away from you is a bad idea?

There’s no point arguing about free will with a hardcore STAR WARS™ fan, as they believe that the force literally controls everyone and everything, and that all is as the force wills it to be, conveniently covering for shoddy writing and plot holes.
Just regurgitating what George said.

Having a proxy ruler to fight your battles for you while your incapacitated, to draw attention away from you is a bad idea?
It's not a bad strategy if that proxy is effective. He had a vat of failed Snokes, so perhaps there was a better way. Not to mention having Palpatine announce his survival to the galaxy only draws attention to him, and if he was smart enough to somehow survive the Death Star 2 explosion it seems implausible that he would risk exposing his location. Which of course he did with full knowledge that he could potentially be found via the Wayfinders. I swear that term has to be the working draft version for it because it's so on the nose they must honestly believe the audience is THAT dumb. It's as bad as Unobtanium in Avatar. I can overlook some things but don't insult my intelligence as a viewer.

Palpatine had the tactical advantage of striking from the unknown regions, with the capability to send his fleet to decimate the resistance without ever risking his location and thus being unstoppable. Especially given his weak state you'd think he would have thought of that as well as it being part of his contingency plan.

But the Chris Terrio and JJ aren't exactly the sharpest writers so I couldn't honestly expect much from them.

Last edited:
I have to say the one thing that has come from Sequel Trilogy Lore that makes me laugh out loud, is the use of the term “Sith Alchemy” to explain things.

When did the dark side of the Force become something practiced over a cauldron filled with ingredients like bat wings, onion skins, and toad tongues?

Well, not since Harold used Sith Alchemy to change a pumpkin into an Advanced Tie Fighter for Lord Vader to take to the Night Under The Stars Imperial Navy Dinner and Dance Party, anyway...

B1CFCF4E-BDDD-41C0-BDA8-AA77AF6D56C7.jpeg

Last edited:
It boggles my mind how you cannot see the obvious contradictions in your own sentences. Either that or you have a really strange concept if free will and I'm not in a philosophical mood so if that's the case I just move along.
"Snoke has free will, but his actions and goals are orchestrated by Sidious."

You could replace Snoke with anyone of Palpatine's minions and have the same result. Vader, Maul, Dooku, Grievous. They all have free will, but what they do is very much orchestrated by Sidious. It's not like Snoke is being controlled like a puppet.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back