Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Pre-release)

I thought that was a terrifc trailer, seeing Luke on the Falcon like that, along with the music, which made it really feel more relevant to the OT.
But they really do get minus points for showing the Falcon burst out of the ground because it makes it very obvious what kind of a set piece they are setting up on the mining planet.
So far there has really been very little spoiled about the film ,unlike TFA, and they have done a great job keeping the main mysteries secret.
I hope the don't keep repeating the mistakes of the TFA and Rogue One by releasing too many trailers with addtional footage as we get closer to the date. It isn't far off now. Perhaps the ticket bookings sales have not kept up with the volumes for TFA, which isn't surprising.

But they really do get minus points for showing the Falcon burst out of the ground because it makes it very obvious what kind of a set piece they are setting up on the mining planet.

Looks like they're keeping with JJ's having the Falcon keep running into stuff. Actually, as already said, the trailer looks very JJ Abrams.

Interesting to see the scene where Luke delivers the line this will not end the way you think. It appears it could be in the same sequence showing Rey on the rain, almanac st as if they had been fighting and Luke was on the ground.

Anyone see the new spot that just showed during the World Series? A few extra pieces of footage, kinda cool seeing Luke in the Falcon again.
Yes! I was watching the game and dreading the commercial breaks because they'd run a trailer the other night too. If I hadn't seen the LucasFilm logo at the last second as my head was turning away from my T.V. I would have been on a dead sprint to the bathroom!

Did anyone else wonder if he turned on the Falcon via the Force? I recount his hand being on the wall, but I don't know if that's where the Falcon's main powerswitch is.

Interesting to see the scene where Luke delivers the line this will not end the way you think. It appears it could be in the same sequence showing Rey on the rain, almanac st as if they had been fighting and Luke was on the ground.

I was thinking the same thing! I'm good with it being this or if he's talking to Kylo and crew.

This 45 sec t.v. spot got me a lot more excited than the 153 second full trailer.

It's a better trailer. I don't know about you, but that goofy, pretentious "Breathe...just breathe" narration over trailer 1 was a serious turnoff for me.

I'm also in the camp of "trying to care, but finding it difficult".

Yep
a1026c32c75259bf56734a134127d8bf.jpg
377462e83b9c8fc2a39802c601ad4f64.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's a better trailer. I don't know about you, but that goofy, pretentious "Breathe...just breathe" narration over trailer 1 was a serious turnoff for me.

I'm also in the camp of "trying to care, but finding it difficult".

I just meant the tv spot was better, not that I didn't care about the movie before lol. And I gotta say, I have no idea how the teaser narration could have possobly gotten you so mad. It's Jedi training, seems exactly the kind if thing a Master might say.

I'm going to predict Rey leaves the island with Kylo (after fighting Luke, a la the scene in the rain) and Luke takes the Falcon and the rest of the gang to find the resistance and he's the one flying the Falcon at the Krayt battle. And if this is so, it will make me forgive any anything else I don't like about the movie cuz that would be an amazing storyline.

Thats what I was thinking. If they make Luke turn to the dark side, Im going to be so freaking pissed.

Thats what I was thinking. If they make Luke turn to the dark side, Im going to be so freaking pissed.

I dunno, I really don't think we'll see Luke turn to the dark side. I get the feeling he's simply seen enough bloodshed and destruction to realize it's a self-perpetuating cycle, with or without his involvement. You blow up one Death Star and they just build another. You get rid of one, deformed, old evil geezer and another one takes his place whispering in the ears of the naive and susceptible, "join me and rule the galaxy." It never ends and he's had enough.

I suspect Luke is simply looking for much bigger answers now and doesn't want to get dragged into the same, old mess.

Still, it would be pretty cool to see him take the Falcon for a spin.

I'm more inclined to think Rey will turn. In ESB, Luke was tempted and resisted...perhaps she won't resist. Would allow them to follow the "pattern" but subvert it, do something new (of course EU fans know ALL jedi become dark at one point or another haha). Would be super gutsy of Disney to take their beloved protagonist and make her a bad guy, but I think the mouse has more nerve than a lot of people give them credit for. See: Jyn Erso.

Last edited:
I mentioned it earlier but I think Rey and Snoke have a past Rey doesn’t know about and Snoke is going to try and use that as leverage on her. Luke won’t be dark but he also won’t be jumping in the Rey and Resistance bandwagon.

I'm more inclined to think Rey will turn. In ESB, Luke was tempted and resisted...perhaps she won't resist. Would allow them to follow the "pattern" but subvert it, do something new (of course EU fans know ALL jedi become dark at one point or another haha). Would be super gutsy of Disney to take their beloved protagonist and make her a bad guy, but I think the mouse has more nerve than a lot of people give them credit for. See: Jyn Erso.
I like it. Those who resist the notion of Rey turning are too precious about the character. Disney says the story won't go the way we expect, and turning the new hero is about as unexpected as it gets. I hope they're not just blowing smoke and actually do make some bold choices like that.

I mentioned it earlier but I think Rey and Snoke have a past Rey doesn’t know about and Snoke is going to try and use that as leverage on her. Luke won’t be dark but he also won’t be jumping in the Rey and Resistance bandwagon.

The problem i have with that is if he knew of her back then, why stash her on jakku? Just take her and mold her from a young age and you get the warrior you want. Waiting until their old enough and strong enough to say know and possibly take you down is quite, you know, stupid.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back