Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Post-release)

What did you think of Star Wars: The Last Jedi?

• It was great. Loved it. Don't miss it at the theaters.

Votes: 154 26.6%
  • It was good. Liked it very much. Worth the theater visit.

Votes: 135 23.4%
  • It was okay. Not too pleased with it. Could watch it at the cinema once or wait for home video.

Votes: 117 20.2%
  • It was disappointing. Watch it on home video instead.

Votes: 70 12.1%
  • It was bad. Don't waste your time with it.

Votes: 102 17.6%

• Total voters
Yeah okay, I posted in the pre-release forum but I just saw this thread.
There are going to be a LOT of heated discussions about this.
I’m still thinking it all through but I left disappointed.

N.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Movies are aimed for people who more so were not a fan of the movies but first saw star wars when Force Awakens came out or the casual movie fan. Classic fans will likely not like it and and those same classic fans who destroyed george lucas for the Prequels will miss him and cause disney head aches calling for George to come back creatively.

The Movies are aimed for people who more so were not a fan of the movies but first saw star wars when Force Awakens came out or the casual movie fan. Classic fans will likely not like it and and those same classic fans who destroyed george lucas for the Prequels will miss him and cause disney head aches calling for George to come back creatively.

There is no excusing away a turd. If you have to make excuses, it's not a good movie. A good movie appeals to everybody. Good is good. Crap is crap. Take a fresh turd, put it on an "artisan" roll with "hand cut" gourmet fries served on the finest China, and its still a turd. You can't excuse it.

Just came back, and gotta say I really really enjoyed it. Is it perfect? no definitelly not, there is one whole subplot with some characters that was so unnecessary, did not enjoy that. However the rest of the movie was fantastic, where the characters progressed to was greatly satifying to me, and there is one scene trully visually incredible, you will know which one Im talking about once you see the movie.

I figured it was just aimed more at people who were introduced to Star Wars through the Prequels, which I'd argue GL took what he was trying to do with ROTJ and ratcheting it up, which then when the Mouse took over, doubled down on and locked into full steam ahead.

It would make sense, Those who grew up with the OT got their first taste of Disappointment with the Special Editions and the constant edits and then TPM and the rest of the Prequels. Now granted over time many may have soften and don't despise them as they once did. People who were young or got introduced to SW through the prequels love it or at least don't have the same sort of disdain . Also unlike the OT people, didn't have to wait nearly as long for a follow up and when they got it, they didn't get a TPM, they got a re-hashed ANH peppered with a combo of OT and Jar Jar esque type of humor.

I can see OT people being saltier.. They waited , what.. 15 years for a follow up while getting remastered and special of editions of what GL intended vision was suppose to be only to get another version because this time it's really what his vision was to finally wait until midnight of 1999 and get shafted with a movie with the Force being reduced to midichlorians, trade negotiation and whining about Sand, waited another 11 with hopes to finally get a true heir and follow up to end up with a very play it safe, sanitized version of a movie they've already been watching for nearly 40 years that's so heavy on the Yuk Yuks you expect someone to do the whole "look into the camera like I'm on the office".

Just got back from the midnight show.

Hated it, completely.

I loved Force Awakens and R1, but this barely felt like Star Wars. Way too much humour and nearly always the humour was in the wrong places.

I nearly walked out a couple of times, but just so wanted it to get better, and it never did.

Literally had no saving graces. All the set ups from TFA were totally squandered. I doubt I could ever sit through this again.

Plain and simple, this movie was just a mess. The first joke between Poe and Hux really just set the standard of the entire movie. If your aged 12yrs and under you will like it but the entire slog was pretty cringe worthy to say the least. The humour (if u even want to call it that) was just dreadfully not funny and used far too much. Why does Star Wars all of a sudden need jokes anyway???. The story was just riddled with flaws beyond belief and was just simply boring. Leia floating back into the ship was just.......wow.....(in a bad way). The first order pretty much went full retard in this one aswell.

Its hard to find a reason to go see it again and i was coming into this one pretty excited. Where the story goes from here I have no idea and there wasnt really any incentive to look forward to part 3. To me TFA was a decent reboot, not that i or anyone was asking for or wanted a reboot but it was ok to watch but this felt like a bigger let down than that one was. Is it really that hard to write a decent star wars movie? It doesnt need rubbish humour and ridiculous force abilities.

Id definitely recommend everyone see this movie so that there might be a chance of backlash and rian johnson being sacked from his next triligy. TFA was dissapointing for not being original but this one really took star wars as a whole down coocoo land (IMO of course)

Last edited:
My Point is Disney and Kennedy Have done there best to make Star Wars theres that they really dont have a set plan for this new saga and George good or bad had a plan and Id liked it if Disney could have maybe well let George Consult on the series or even help create a 3 story idea with JJ and Johnson the directors. But No we get what Disney wants this new saga too be. Now I have not seen the film but i always had my concerns going in. i Had no major issues with Force Awakens but Rogue One was better. Last Jedi is the longest movie of them and i feel sad knowing what i know but again what no on paper can be very different on a live screen

Seen it last night. What a ride. Let's just say this: it is a VERY diffeeent beast than the OT, or the PT, or even TFA. I liked the movie overall, but there are a few creative choices that I do not agree with. (Leia Poppins)

Also, the phrase "Your Sknoke theory sucks" has never been more correct. :) I kinda like what happened, but I'm also quite eager to see how JJ will resolve all this in the last Episode of the trilogy. I think unlike for TLJ, there needs to be a certain amount of in-universe time to pass before Episode IX. Let Kylo grow, let Rey grow. Let Leia find a fitting end off-screen (there is no other way) and Poe take over the Resistance/Rebellion(?)

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Seen it and for the most part really enjoyed it. So did my son. A fantastic ride.

Theres some real WTF moments in there though. Namely the Leia traversing space with the force part and BB-8 slapstick parts. I wouldn't have chosen Luke to be the failed Jedi either but I did enjoy him most of the time.

Porgs ended up being more fun than I thought they would.

I think people need to be realistic. The OT is never coming back. I hold those movies very dearly to my heart. It's just as much about the time and the place with those movies too. They can never be matched and I'm realistic and enjoy these new films for what they are, a fun ride. Things have changed. :)

Ben

Theres some real WTF moments in there though. Namely the Leia traversing space with the force part and BB-8 slapstick parts. I wouldn't have chosen Luke to be the failed Jedi either but I did enjoy him most of the time.

Porgs ended up being more fun than I thought they would.

I think people need to be realistic. The OT is never coming back. I hold those movies very dearly to my heart. It's just as much about the time and the place with those movies too. They can never be matched and I'm realistic and enjoy these new films for what they are, a fun ride. Things have changed. :)

Ben

Wise words.
Yeah, Leia's "Mary Poppins" scene was a bit cringeworthy. I liked BB8's slapstick. It's tongue in cheek but it works.
Luke's story, surprisingly, does work, in the end. A lot of people would have wished for a different fate, but now the slate's clean for the next generation.

The OT, while groundbreakingly new at that time, are very much a product of their era, in hindsight. As you pointed out, that time's not coming back. Never. Even the PT starts to look dated. Let the ST be its own thing. After JJ's pandering to nostalgia, I like this new, fresh take which, while being different than anything before, is still firmly rooted in SW mythology. Someone mentioned the Mortis- and Yoda-arcs from TCW. Mystical stuff. It works.
I've just identified one major flaw in my book: the movie is too human-centric. Where are the Twilek, the Rodians, the Gand, the Togruta? Other than Nien Nunb, Ello Atsy and Adm. Ackbar (RIP) the only aliens we see are on Canto Bight, and they're all just background noise.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I think we have just started seeing the powers of the force and I think we will get things where a Force Ghost can do things its just Obi Wan chose not to appear because it was Lukes jedi test against Vader both times. I would really like too see since Carrie Fisher is gone that Anakin appears as a Ghost and Fights Kylo Ren when he has Beaten Rey. I think it needs too be His idol that beats Kylo and thus defeats the dark side.

I know the whole point of this film is life goes on, ends and beginnings.
But I feel like Star Wars died today.

The film worked for me and I thought it was good, it just seems like everyone I care about is dying.
Real people, made up people, good people.
Its my age I suppose.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back