STAR WARS - The Acolyte lightsabers

TK41434

The new Star Wars series, The Acolyte, will introduce Pip: a chipper, handheld repair droid.
GNUX_TwXEAALnXG.jpg

The production designer put Pip into a
US M-1956 M16A1 Ammunition pouch designed for the M16 20 round magazines. This magazine pouch was designed especially for the short 20 round M16A1 magazines.
4316462-2__55026.jpg

The M-1956 Load-Carrying Equipment (LCE), also known as the Individual Load-Carrying Equipment (ILCE), was developed by the U.S. Army and first issued in the early 1960s.

Hm, not sure I like that droid design. Looks like a toy designed from one of the animated kids shows.

The bag is cool ;)

I'm getting KOTOR vibes off it; it makes me think "old-timey" in a Star Wars context, so I'd say the storytelling part of the design is working. Although the name makes me figure the producers had Fallout on their minds at the time.

They seem thick
We've come full circle. The new lightsabers are big to accommodate the electronics for the practical blade effects. In the original movies they were big because they were based on real world objects that could fit the motors for the blade effect (which was abandoned in Empire Strikes Back). During the prequels they were made a smaller diameter to make them more comfortable for the actors and stunt people. Now they're big again to accommodate the batteries and electronics.

We've come full circle. The new lightsabers are big to accommodate the electronics for the practical blade effects. In the original movies they were big because they were based on real world objects that could fit the motors for the blade effect (which was abandoned in Empire Strikes Back). During the prequels they were made a smaller diameter to make them more comfortable for the actors and stunt people. Now they're big again to accommodate the batteries and electronics.
True lol

Also to tag on…
They probably want to stay away from design issues like Ahsoka had in Madalorian. They had to do the wire up the sleeve to power her thin hilts. They might have found a work around in Ahsoka as I did not hear anything more about it. However, I honestly believe that the reason they had Ezra/wren hilt emitter changed for live action was to get away from the thin neck and the problems that might cause with electronics and stunts.

Oh, kinda like W.1.K.1 from Jason of Star Command.
I said the same thing on a Facebook post last week. However I forgot about that first version of W1K1. Looks like a small shuttle pod. I always remember this one.
IMG_2255.jpeg

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back