Star Wars: TCW. Senate Commando Helmet

Skupilkinson

Another fav helmet of mine from The Clone Wars was the Senate Commando. I liked the simplicity of it and also the strong ties it had to the Senate Guards from the prequel trilogy.

After I'd completed my Snow Clone build, I had to jump in and try and make me a Senate Commando helmet.

The overall shape was pretty simple so I decided to go back to Pepakura for it. I modelled the helmet, unfolded it, and set about fibreglassing and surfacing the helmet to get the basic shape.

DSC00634a.jpg

DSC00755a.jpg

DSC00762a.jpg

2010-04-08140848.jpg

The ridge details were added with styrene strips, and filler used to fill in trenches and raised areas until I was happy with them. The helmet went through a bunch of alterations as I worked. As feedback from others came in I noticed bits here and there that weren't quite right.

I wanted to cast this as the fibreglass and filler made it rather heavy so I thought that seeing as I'd get to play with silicone again, I'd make both types of plume/crest/fin(whatever you wanna call it :D ) so that I'd have a choice.

2010-04-09142423.jpg

2010-04-09135954.jpg

A shot of blue to see how it looked:

DSC01421.jpg

DSC01438.jpg

DSC01439.jpg

Really enjoyed this project, the build was fun and I can't wait to start pouring silicone over it next week. It's already ordered and here so I'll post pics again if there's interest in the project. :)

Many thanks.

Got some free time today so I'll be doing the final prep on the master ready for silicone. Should be pretty straight forward with this one.

Yeah, I was a part of TZA. I modelled the Republic Commando armor, helmet and pistol that got CNC'd and moulded/vac formed to produce kits. The Senate Commando was available for a short time back then.

I left TZA last year so will be handling the Senate Commando myself once it's ready.

Hey, Skip. I'm sort of returning to life and picking up various dropped threads, and this was one I had wanted to comment on before but hadn't quite been able to steal the time and focus. What are the chances I might be able to get a copy of the pep file for this helmet so I can take a whack at it, myself? I'm wanting to mod my efforts to look more "movie style", and also personalize it from there, but I can think of no better place to start...

--Jonah

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back