Star Wars Tales of The Jedi animated series?

CT1138

Sr Member
I just finished watching this. Fans of Clone Wars will probably enjoy it. I wasn't a huge fan as it was a bit forgettable.

No surprises or anything really much of interest with one exception. I thought it was slightly odd how they handled Yaddle. She doesn't speak at all like Yoda which I guess is fine because more of the same can be annoying but it kind of begs the question why does Yoda speak the way he does?
Age?
Dialect?
Because speaking this way, Yoda enjoys?

firesprite

Master Member
I just finished watching this. Fans of Clone Wars will probably enjoy it. I wasn't a huge fan as it was a bit forgettable.

No surprises or anything really much of interest with one exception. I thought it was slightly odd how they handled Yaddle. She doesn't speak at all like Yoda which I guess is fine because more of the same can be annoying but it kind of begs the question why does Yoda speak the way he does?
In one of the breakdown videos, it's mentioned that Yoda consciously took on that speech pattern in honor of his own master, which is not the weirdest thing I've ever heard, so I'll allow it.

NakedMoleRat

Master Member
In one of the breakdown videos, it's mentioned that Yoda consciously took on that speech pattern in honor of his own master, which is not the weirdest thing I've ever heard, so I'll allow it.
I had assumed in Empire Strikes Back he was using the voice to troll Luke into exposing his feelings. Because there was a point when Yoda dropped the whole "feelings share you must, or Jedi never will you be" shtick, and became serious with him. But then he slipped back into it, so I was like... (Insert shrugging emoji here)

Treadwell

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Yoda dialed that talk waaay down (although not eliminated entirely) when he got serious in ESB. I agree, it was mostly an act.
A subtlety subsequently forgotten by the filmmakers, and even Frank Oz.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.