Star Wars Splinter of the MInds Eye direction?

I didn't know that. Is it covered in the Making of SW book at all?

there is a small bit about SotME in the Making of the Empire Strikes Back. StarWars.com briefly hits on its mention.

StarWars.com | Making of Empire Sneak Peek: Part III

"In the archives I found an early draft of Splinter of the Mind's Eye, so I thought fans would appreciate seeing just the title page. Later I found transcripts of conversations between George Lucas and [author] Alan Dean Foster, so I mentioned that in the caption. The caption concerning the cover of the book was able to list the exact dates that Ralph worked on the illustration -- how? Thanks to Ralph's daily planner from 1977, which he let me borrow while I was writing the book. The planner also enabled me to date approximately, and often exactly, all of Ralph's concept art and illustrations for Empire, because he also had his planner for 1978.

http://www.starwars.com/img/vault/books/making_of_esb_sneak3/13.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that ^ Mara Jade's Father.

I love that type of stuff, never seen it before. Just got hold of the Comic version of SOTME. Will post up any interesting pics as I read it.

I was 8 or 9 when I read it when it first came out. I gobbled it up like I did anything Star Wars back then. I remember loving it- the Yuzzem were like brutal apes or something. I remember it being pretty violent, but then I was young. Maybe it wasn't.

And I think I remember Luke cutting off Vader's arm or hand or something like that.

It'a all a little hazy.

I really need to reread it.

Brian

I remember reading that book in the 6th grade! I used to ask my parents to buy me anything Star Wars at the time and instead of buying me any toy or action figure, they bought me that book. Loved it nonetheless.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back