Star Wars Scout Blaster Pistol with sounds!

RB26

Hi folks!

I just completed my resin Scout blaster pistol kit It's not exactly a true replica of the prop, rather my interpretation of what the gun would really look like. The dimensions and appearance are as close as I could get to the prop but as it never existed as a "hero" I wanted to add a sense of realism to it lacking in the apparaently wooden movie version.

I have sharpened up the edges compared to the original but otherwise it is very true to the shape, size and design. The biggest change is that the grip portion of the gun has a course texture while the upper and detail parts are all smooth. The kit is cast in black resin allowing you to mask off the grip and leave it as a very convincing black plastic finish while the rest can be painted and weathered to appear like painted metal, meaning the finish of the grip will never wear off.

I also included a miniature speaker and a double AAA battery pack that can be used to modify either a Boba Fett or Storm Trooper toy blaster sound circuit to fit inside, giving it sound effects and an LED in the barrel. The side panel of the pistol can be remover by unscrewing the energy cell on the rear to get at the batteries. The kit comes with a nut and bolt that are captive within the receiver and energy cell respectively.

Anyway, enough words, here's some pictures! These are just off my phone and have not been worked on other than cropping, I'll get some better quality shots done in the week but I wanted to show it now.

left.jpg

right.jpg

completeopen.jpg

components.jpg

Thanks all

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, really nice work!

This is the way Hasbro should make their blasters.

Question, what triggers the sounds?

That's one sweet looking blaster there friend! I gotta say I agree with having the crisp sharpened edges, and great weathering too! :thumbsup

Thanks! It's triggered by the trigger! :) I know a lot of people add a regular trigger but after a lot of discussion with fellow geeks and experimentation we came to the conclusion the awkward looking button on the side of the grip is the trigger. It fits very neatly under the second finger of your right hand and you never see them fired left handed.

Love the approach of interpreting the rougher original, and the execution! Very well done on the whole process. Top notch weathering too!

Hey RB26! Do you have the overall dimensions for this pistol? I'm looking into 3D printing my own one and I just can't find measurements. Just need the height, width and length if you would be so kind.

- Luke

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back