Star Wars "Scene 38 Reimagined" #SC38Reimagined

Indy Magnoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Very well done, but a bit overboard, in my opinion. I never had a problem with the original "slow" scene. I thought Adywan did a great job speeding it up a little bit and adding the music from the prequels to tie it in a bit without entirely reinventing the scene.

I always liked the idea that Vader and Obi Wan became less "showy" in their fighting styles and got back to basics. It was more like a chess match than an MMA fight.

My two cents,
Magnoli

George would have never thought to have camera moves like that. Ever. He comes from a documentary film background where you set the camera up and let the scene play out in the wide shots using close up shots for coverage.

Again I applaud the talent that went into this, but tonally it's just too modern to mesh well with the more classical look of the original film. The original was simple and perhaps too subtle by today's standards, but it's a classic for a reason.

If this was the kind of fight seen in the new Star Wars films, I could get used to that as a means to create a new style of lightsaber choreography. Lots of talent there.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back