Star Wars Rodian

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Icknaybob

The Rodian mask is a Don Post from 6 or 7 years ago I got from who knows where. Probably eBay. Anywho...as most masks and helmets are really big on me, I re-sized it by cutting it in strategic places and sewing it back together. Pix or GTFO? No prob. Here is the W.I.P. so far.

Cutting out the eye slits.

Cut the hair spine out and separated the hair spine from the part of the mask it was glued to. What a pain in the sheb!

Sewing the face back on.

The test fit.

Getting his new skin and hiding the stitches at the same time.

I replaced the original plastic domes with nearly identical size and ridgidier plastic made from a plastic ornament. I will post pix once I fix my blasted, virus infested PC.

After 3-4 coats of black. Some thicker sealing of the edges and seams. 2-3 coats of green...we have...

How the eye domes were replaced.

Exact same size.

No, they are not breast implants....grow up people.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

SciFiMuseum

Nice work! I think it is great you breathed new life into your old Don Post mask...I can't wait to see the end result. Thanks for posting.

aeonpulse

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Awesome work! Rodians have always been one of my favorite races in the SW universe, I was a bit dissapointed that it wasn't a playable race in the recently released Old Republic MMO. Can't wait to see where this goes!