Star Wars RFT Pepakura Helmet

I'm glad to see that there is an interest in this Helmet. You almost begin to wonder if anyone cares what you are doing.

Once again your assessment and feedback proves invaluable to the development of an accurate pep file of the RFT helmet. I didn't realize that the visor assembly would differ that much in width from your helmet. Keep up the good work, I hope my model will be an overall improvement from the first.

Once again your assessment and feedback proves invaluable to the development of an accurate pep file of the RFT helmet. I didn't realize that the visor assembly would differ that much in width from your helmet. Keep up the good work, I hope my model will be an overall improvement from the first.

This second version of the helmet is a vast improvement over the first helmet. You are the one who should be thanked for taking the time to do this helmet and then making some major improvements to make it more accurate!

Finished the Helmet Section and overall it is pretty good. The Depth and Width of the pep helmet compared to my helmet is maybe a difference of a 1/4 inch on the Depth and about 1/2 inch on the Width. The height differs by maybe not quite an inch. When you put all the different units together you can see the familiar shape of the Rebel Fleet Trooper Helmet. The only complaint ( a minor one) I have is that the bottom shape of the helmet does not have the more rounded outline that is present on the Navy Talker Helmet. I think the rounded outline could be accomplished by adding more cardstock to certain areas of the helmet. Overall I would say the RFT Pep File is a very good base upon which to build the RFT Helmet. Only minor tweaking would be needed during the build if someone wanted to approach a more accurate version of the helmet.

Finished the Helmet Section and overall it is pretty good. The Depth and Width of the pep helmet compared to my helmet is maybe a difference of a 1/4 inch on the Depth and about 1/2 inch on the Width. The height differs by maybe not quite an inch. When you put all the different units together you can see the familiar shape of the Rebel Fleet Trooper Helmet. The only complaint ( a minor one) I have is that the bottom shape of the helmet does not have the more rounded outline that is present on the Navy Talker Helmet. I think the rounded outline could be accomplished by adding more cardstock to certain areas of the helmet. Overall I would say the RFT Pep File is a very good base upon which to build the RFT Helmet. Only minor tweaking would be needed during the build if someone wanted to approach a more accurate version of the helmet.

Great build and final analysis. I see what you're talking about with the bottom shape of the helmet. I'm not sure why I didn't catch that earlier. I guess I'll have to tweak the file a little more in version three.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back