star wars return of jedi scout helmet project

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by 5xxicemanxx5, Jul 29, 2015.

1. 5xxicemanxx5

5xxicemanxx5 Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

hey star wars fans wanted to share this crazy project idea i had for scout helmet alot scout troopers out there have done vac form helmets or fiberglass so i thought what about roto cast scout helmet. i was working on helmet a had done little bit of work i lost intrest but as my idea came to mind so i decided to pick up where i left off . here s some pics of what i came up with i had to build the flip visor out of cardboard then bondo it over to get its shaped. scout top.jpg scout top 1.jpg

2. 5xxicemanxx5

i attach the lid to the face not bad but its start scout face w lid.jpg also got the original kit used for the nose greeblie scout greeblie nose.jpg scout nose casted.jpg

3. 5xxicemanxx5

scout helmet.jpg front lid came came out pretty nice will need just some trimming sanding in few areas nothing mayor.

4. 5xxicemanxx5

gather up pictures show process of putting the helmet together. scout helmet 2.jpg scout helmet 3.jpg scout helmet 4.jpg scout helmet 5.jpg scout helmet 10.jpg scout helmet 9.jpg scout helmet 8.jpg scout helmet 7.jpg scout helmet 6.jpg scout helmet 11.jpg scout helmet 12.jpg scout helmet 17.jpg scout helmet 16.jpg scout helmet 15.jpg scout helmet 18.jpg scout helmet 14.jpg scout helmet 13.jpg

Attached Files:

5. OdiWan72

OdiWan72 Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

well done!

Markus

5xxicemanxx5 likes this.
  6. usajdm

usajdm Well-Known Member

Uuuuuuum, awesome.
    Looks like It turned out as planned, yeah?
    Gonna just throw this out there.... you planning on selling them?

5xxicemanxx5 likes this.
  7. 5xxicemanxx5

i don't mind offering them if anyone interested my plan worked out not to bad.just a little warning there few flaws there and there but nothing really mayor easy fix with some sanding and spot putty or car bondo filler will do the trick and of course patients as you can see from the one i build it can be done. I'm sure nothing new for you guys fixing up any flaws on kits an raw casting sometimes molds and resin doesn't cooperate the way we want but with little elbow grease will pay off in the long run and very rewarding.

8. 5xxicemanxx5

WP_20150731_002.jpg Here's a lay out of kit