Star Wars reference CD on ebay

It's MINE.... MINE I SAY... :)

Naaaa.. you go ahead...lol. Looks like a good reference tool and I would love to hear if it is worth the buy.

He says he'll put up more of them. He also has a Star Trek CD. I just don't want to buy it and it's 99% screencaps from the movies.

Man if the whole disk is full of images like the four sample images, this is a definate pick up. Keep us updated.

G

Hm, did anyone from here win it ?
It seems like a "self-burned" CD.
Maybe we could split up the cost and make some copies for us members here.
Would be willing to pay about 10 US$ for one.

<div class='quotetop'>(Jades Dark Heart @ Jun 9 2006, 06:16 PM) [snapback]1259124[/snapback]</div>
Man if the whole disk is full of images like the four sample images, this is a definate pick up. Keep us updated.

G
[/b]

Those four images can be found in the Chronicles Book. If these are just scans off of books and not rare archive stuff then I would say it's up to the bidder.

<div class='quotetop'>(EchoLeader @ Jun 10 2006, 07:38 AM) [snapback]1259495[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Jades Dark Heart @ Jun 9 2006, 06:16 PM) [snapback]1259124[/snapback]

G
[/b]

Those four images can be found in the Chronicles Book. If these are just scans off of books and not rare archive stuff then I would say it's up to the bidder.
[/b][/quote]

Are you sure aoout the Chronicals book.?.
I don't remember seeing most of those pics in it and the X-wing and Tantive IV are not in the X-wing, Tantive IV sections, I just checked, the Slave1 pic is in the Chronicals book Slave 1 section.

Lynn

<div class='quotetop'>(Lynn TXP 0369 @ Jun 11 2006, 11:15 AM) [snapback]1260029[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(EchoLeader @ Jun 10 2006, 07:38 AM) [snapback]1259495[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(Jades Dark Heart @ Jun 9 2006, 06:16 PM) [snapback]1259124[/snapback]

G
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Are you sure aoout the Chronicals book.?.
I don't remember seeing most of those pics in it and the X-wing and Tantive IV are not in the X-wing, Tantive IV sections, I just checked, the Slave1 pic is in the Chronicals book Slave 1 section.

Lynn
[/b][/quote]

Lynn, I may be mistaken as to these pictures being exclusively from the Chronicles book, I don't have it in front of me. However, these are images I have in my reference library which I've acquired from readily available sources off the Internet, Books, and other reference CD's. I apologize if they're not new for me.

Even if there's just one image that hasn't been seen before to the person that wins this CD then it's well worth the price. Good Luck.

I looked last night, and all of the pics are in the Chronicles book. For example, the Tantive IV pics are in the ROTJ Battle for Endor section. Don't know why. ???

OK got the CD today. It is a compilation of pics that many of us have already seen. Some are from the Chronicles book while others seem to be possibly from some of the old migrate threads on this site where the pictures have long since disappeared. Some pictures are from different websites that no longer have the pics on thre either. So, is it worth it? I say yes. Being that I didn't even know this site existed when the pictures still worked on all the old threads and websites I am am seeing many informative pictures. For those of you that may have saved all the pics from way back when, then I would say the cd isn't worth it.

There are also some pics from stuff like MoM.

I also purchased the cd and IMHO save your money. The large majority of the pics can be found throughout the web already. It did have a few, very few, that I hadn't already seen. I was looking for more MF pics, but I had all the pics already on the cd.

If you have the Chronicles Book I'd like to know how this CD compares to the book...

<div class='quotetop'>(useful idiot @ Jun 10 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1259831[/snapback]</div>
I won the auction. I will let everyone know how it is.
[/b]

By the way, I don't know what's going on but whenever I view this page I get:
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Enter username and password for "sovereignreplicas.com" at http://sovereignreplicas.com[/b]
What's that all about??

<div class='quotetop'>(propsculptor @ Jun 19 2006, 04:24 PM) [snapback]1264126[/snapback]</div>
If you have the Chronicles Book I'd like to know how this CD compares to the book...

<div class='quotetop'>(useful idiot @ Jun 10 2006, 04:54 PM) [snapback]1259831[/snapback]
I won the auction. I will let everyone know how it is.
[/b]

By the way, I don't know what's going on but whenever I view this page I get:
<div class='quotetop'></div>
Enter username and password for "sovereignreplicas.com" at http://sovereignreplicas.com[/b]
What's that all about??
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, I'm getting the same thing. It's REL's home page web site. He must have something scripted in his banner. Aargh, probably unintentional...

Well I purchased the CD as well, before the review came in. It is pretty nice if you haven't spent the time to go foraging around for all the photos available both in print and on the internet.

I have uploaded all the photos on my site and have created a torrent, but before I post links, and since I'm a newbie, I want to make sure that doing so doesn't break any forum rules. The gentleman selling the CD certainly isn't the person responsible for the photos collected on the CD. They were given to him at a convention, so I have no qualms over sharing the photos on his account. However, some of the photos do appear in Chronicles and elsewhere, and I don't want to get anyone (including myself) in any serious trouble.

Mods, if you would give me the OK, I'm sure that there are many on the boards who would benefit from at least some of the photos.

Josh

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back