Star Wars: questions you've always wanted answers for

It was Tatooine gear. Owen dressed like that. Half the people in Mos Eisley dressed like that.

But Kenobi still had his Jedi underwear on. You just can't get the good stuff like that on Tattooine. He tried the local drawers but they rode up his crack and he'd be trying to pull it out when no one was looking and the Jawas were always laughing at him. It was terrible.

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

When Yoda was young was he Kermit the Frog?

simple answer, no ;o)
tumblr_nj0co8CevI1qhjftgo1_500.jpg

Regarding the Tatooine/Jedi thing, that's bugged me for ages. Especially because, in the behind-the-scenes stuff for ROTJ, George made such a point to Mark about his black duds being "more Jedi-like"...

--Jonah

Regarding the Tatooine/Jedi thing, that's bugged me for ages. Especially because, in the behind-the-scenes stuff for ROTJ, George made such a point to Mark about his black duds being "more Jedi-like"...

--Jonah

never heard that before. I was always curious at the time of ANH if Lucas though of bens cloths to be a old Jedi wardrobe.

- - - Updated - - -

Heck maybe that's why obiwan choose to hide on tatoonie, they all look like Jedi! LOL

One of the old behind-the-scenes films... I think it was From Star Wars to Jedi. One of the bits shown is Mark's fitting for his ROTJ costume, and he and George are chatting back and forth about it.

--Jonah

I never thought about it before but after watching the phantom menace I was thinking that all the Jedi look like a lot of the folks on tatoonie or is it the people there look like Jedi? or is it just Lucas being Lucas? i.e. seeming to make it up as he goes along and going back years later to fix it with CGI?

Just face it 'ol George created something with SW but the man is a bit of a hack and his stories resemble a shotgun patterning board-all full of holes.

Here's a question even Steven Sansweet couldn't answer.
In ESB right before Han gets dipped, Chewie freaks out and starts thrashing stormtroopers. Boba Fett raiser his rifle to take him out and Vader reaches up and forces his rifle down to prevent him from firing.
Why?

ANH: Robes and hoods to cover from the suns would be very popular, look at the jawas! Tusken raiders had tan robes, mostly any robes that would be natural colors to blend in with the environment would be used on any planet. Since most planets have brown/tan, the Jedi used these colors of their robes to use the environment to their advantage, ninjas lol.

ESB: Chewie needed to feel pain, just as Han did as he was being burned/poked. Send Luke more bad vibes to sense through the force and he'll show up there faster.

My question: How come droids arent welcome in bars?

Droids don't drink. Just take up space paying customers could be filling.

And yeah, George seemed to have forgotten by ESB that Obi-Wan was dressed like that because he was just dressing like the locals, only to remember when dressing Luke for ROTJ, only to forget again when dressing Anakin's Force ghost. *sigh*

--Jonah

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back