Star Wars Plug and Control panels

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So, before the site goes down for maintenance I wanted to get this posted. I've noticed a few things on some OT panels and I want to open up discussion on these cool det decoration props.

Escape Hatch
AEH.jpg

Looks like mostly machined parts, but they're so odd I feel like they have to be found parts.

Death Star panels
ADS3.jpgADS2.jpgADS.jpg

I see the large michell knurled thing, some more very probable record player parts..
an acrylic push button that lifts and lights up
that copper center part looks like it had a real world function...

ESB Cloud City
AESB6.jpgAESB4.jpgAESB5.jpgAESB1.jpg

Now, I just boxed up a piece of Meteorite in a little clear plastic box with a magnified top. There are 4 of these display boxes stacked to the right of both sockets. To the right of those are 4 different clear display boxes with cone knobs just sitting in most of them. Seriously guys!

Looks like the whole R2 panels are a case for a consumer electronic item (radio, etc) and the LEDs are in the screw holes and there are slots for a circuit board to be mounted above the round main thing.

A square hole accepts the pointy R2 arm that always ends up getting electrocuted

The smooth machined arm looks like theres a handle from sowething on the bottom of the panel. Looks like it has a hose attachment, and even a swivel mount on the bottom of the handle. What is that!?

Also, does anyone have any background info on how the circular plugs worked behind the scenes? Pulleys? motors?

those may be the magnified lids stacked up and then the lidless cases with the cone knobs actually. I see one intact case on top.

The ANH escape hatch cones are Transcriptors, the cylinders are amp buttons (ESB Vader belt box style), and I'm sure the blocks are keyboard keys or similar facing side-on.

never knew those small cone shaped things with a recess were transcriptor parts too! Someone with machining ability needs to get all these michell patterns and make low cost aluminum parts! I can't figure out what lando's communicator is. nice eye on the keyboard key caps. I have some cylindrical buttons from a stereo I ripped apart.. I'll try to snap pictures

never knew those small cone shaped things with a recess were transcriptor parts too! Someone with machining ability needs to get all these michell patterns and make low cost aluminum parts! I can't figure out what lando's communicator is. nice eye on the keyboard key caps. I have some cylindrical buttons from a stereo I ripped apart.. I'll try to snap pictures

Tom, Transcriptors (kind of) is in business still/again, and could provide parts (possibly, if you can wait for them) that are the real parts (except new, but with lineage <if that is the proper word> to the actual real parts).

In hindsight, seeing as there are so many parenthetical caveats in my response, having someone here do it is probably the best solution.

Looks like the stylus cleaner arm parts for the escape hatch, they have that conical part on the upright bit under the arm.

Yes :)
The other three cylindrical pieces looks like the speed change switch on the Transcriptor hydraulic reference turntable.

Last edited:
Stuck to that pulley I think I see two transistor or other components upside down with their leads sticking out. Also, those cross rectangular things, are those door locks?

The arm laying on its side at the bottom of the panel in pic AESB1jpeg is a flush-mount door handle for access panels on 1960s era mid to large size aircraft such as Vickers. The greeblie has some extra parts attached of course - because, Star Wars lol.

any images of these on access panels?

also, those display boxes..
Acrylic Magnifier - Box "A"

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back