Star Wars Jedi-Dex - Looking for ideas

Cern

Hi all, long time lurker, first time poster. I did a search for this but didn't find anything.

So i have a pair of these: 01.jpg

I know one them them still works - it turns on and makes noises. The other i have not tested.

I'm planning on sanding away all the logos and lettering on the back, and repainting it.

I was thinking it would be cool to take out the guts and replace them with something a little flashier, maybe a raspberry pi or something along those lines.

Does anyone else have one and if so have they done any modifications to it?

Hi and welcome to the board.

I think it is an interesting looking item. Something I had considered in the past. I think the biggest issue is that it looks more like a Trek item than a Star Wars item because I cannot remember seeing many keyboards in the SWU.

I guess my question to you would be, what purpose do you envision this item as? Sensor? Comlink? Tracker? Holoprojector? ...etc?

What would you need the RPi for?

Its not a small board,, (compared to say an Arduino Pro-mini or something)... not to mention.. battery source?

Depending on what you want it to 'do'.. that will dictate the board/electronics you need.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back