Star Wars is tearing my life apart

Making an 8 year old do 60 interviews a day is child abuse.
It wasn't the film that ruined his life, it was his parents for not protecting him from the pressures of being an actor.

Were they actually interviews or was he refering to the kids at school asking him questions all day?

I'm sure that it was awful being that young and trying to go to school while having been a part of the biggest movie in 30 years. No kid would be equiped to handle that.

I've chatted with Jake online a few times, but he does avoid talking about Star Wars. He was picked on a lot and blamed a lot for the movie being as bad as it was.

Very nice guy tho...just very hurt by the experience.

The sad thing is people no doubt blame him for crappy dialogue/writing. The poor kid was only 8 years old and got ham strung playing a role that very few kids could have pulled off given the material they had to work with.

***** he looks a good 10-15 years older than he really is in that pic!!!

It's a shame. Too bad Episode II was filmed so close to Episode I. Maybe if he had time to grow a bit he could have continued playing Anakin (because Hayden's not that much better) and he'd have been better off today

*or maybe he'd have been even worse, who knows, lol

Here is a strange turn in an article about a bitter child star.
Meanwhile, conceptual artist Ralph McQuarrie passed away at the age of 82, on Saturday.
Isn't there a basic rule in writing to keep on topic?

You can't help but feel sorry for Jake, lets hope he got paid really well(and figured out how to keep it).

Yeah well, it's common knowledge that actors are a special breed of unstable people at any age, so what's the problem? :wacko

It wasn't his fault Episode 1 was rubbish - it was bad writing and bad direction, that's the simple truth of the matter.

He's young - I'm sure it'll all blow over and his life will move on in a more positive way. Perhaps he'll remember his unique experiences more kindly 20 years from now.

I love people who blame everyone else for their problems. I suppose his tortured existence is why he acts like a total turd at autograph signings. I took a photo of the guy from across the autograph hall once and he darted across the room to make me erase the photo. No lie. Luckily he's electronically challenged and I scrolled to a different photo to "illustrate" that I erased his pic. What a dork.

Pu-leez! :rolleyes

No one will give me a job because I suck at acting and am no longer cute! I know, I'll blame George!

That's it right there!

"The 22-year-old became so haunted by the movie he vowed never to act again and he has stayed true to his word."

What a load of crap! He can't get a job because he's a lousy actor and severely type-cast. He doesn't want to come off looking like a has-been so he's taking the road as the martyr, trying to make the public believe he's no longer acting because he CHOSE to. Whatever, dude. You're not fooling anyone. If you really felt that way you wouldn't have had ANY part of the video games.
If some producer offered you a role in a movie I GUARANTEE you would suddenly come out of "retirement"! :rolleyes

I love people who blame everyone else for their problems. I suppose his tortured existence is why he acts like a total turd at autograph signings. I took a photo of the guy from across the autograph hall once and he darted across the room to make me erase the photo. No lie. Luckily he's electronically challenged and I scrolled to a different photo to "illustrate" that I erased his pic. What a dork.

I'm curious, how did he "make" you? If it were me I would have laughed in his face and walked away, not erasing anything. :lol

Sounds like a punk who doesn't want to face reality and the fact that he probably got picked on for being an obnoxious brat and Star Wars just gave them more ammo.

It amazes me the names people throwing around here about him while not knowing the "real" situation. Just in the few responses posted look at all the name calling. And most of us are adults. Now imagine a 13 year old surrounded by 13 year olds dealing with this every day.

I'm not saying he's a victim. Again, I don't know the story. I wasn't there. But I do work in a school and I see how kids are towards each other on a daily basis. Throw in the idea of celebrity and the teenage mentality of, "Hey watch me get Mr. Star Wars going." and I could very easily see how his school years were terrible.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back