Star Wars inspired Blaster prop and Display

PhuketAussie

A couple of months ago I bought a cheap plastic toy long-barrel gun from a dollar shop (well, the local equivalent here in Thailand is are 20 baht shops!). I bought it as the basis for a blaster prop inspired by those used by Han Solo and others. The toy is based on a much more modern generation of guns, so perhaps my blaster represents a post first order era lol. Anyway, I cut down the barrel to shorten it, and used the offcuts to build out the main body of the gun and some other bits. The scope is a stripped out laptop battery case, rebuilt using some 3mm foamcore and a decorative strip of an old flatbed scanner, and the mounting for it is cut from EVA foam. There are some other laser cut EVA foam pieces plus the circuit board out of the battery was also used. The eyepiece on the scope is a lens from a mobile phone attachment.

On Instagram:
  1. The first step, including a pic of the gun before cutting it down
  2. The scope, and the gun mostly done
  3. Painted and silver highlighting
  4. Some glamour shots
  5. The display panel

It reminds me of the blasters that come with the old action figures of various background characters, which I love. Cool build I’m always a fan of builds with a small budget and lots of ingenuity

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back