STAR WARS FEATURE - ELECTRONICS TODAY INTERNATIONAL

GEEK1138

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hey guys. In preparation for some upcoming droid builds I have planned, I was scrolling around the web looking for ref pix as per usual and I came across a pic from an article about electronics/robots in Star Wars. It was from a magazine titled Electronics Today International (ETI) and the article is in the December 1977 issue. Apparently an Australian mag about everything cool in tech back in the day.
Anyway after a bit of searching I found an online resource database that has scanned all the back issues of the ETI and made them available to view.
Skimming thru the pages is utterly engrossing with all the new gadgets and ads...'course it all looks wonderfully retro now.

Here are the pix from the Star Wars article;
ETI 1977-12 December_0029.jpg

ETI 1977-12 December_0030.jpg
ETI 1977-12 December_0031.jpg
ETI 1977-12 December_0032.jpg
ETI 1977-12 December_0033.jpg
ETI 1977-12 December_0034.jpg
ETI 1977-12 December_0035.jpg
ETI 1977-12 December_0036.jpg

And here's the link; Electronics Today International, Australia 1977 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Apologies if this is common knowledge and widely known...I've certainly not seen it before

There were two sister publications which published variations on that article. Very useful material, as it's basically the only documentation we have showing the internals of the original 1977 robot props.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back