Star Wars fanfilm: Kara

I reluctantly watched this, because almost all Star Wars fan films are atrociously bad and boring. But this one was quite charming, and soulful. Rey could've used some of Kara's naivete, angst, and emotional turmoil...instead of rollicking through The Force Awakens like a Mary Sue.

I watched Kara twice. Unlike so many other fan films, it didn't try to do too much. It was simple, but whetted my desire for more. Well done.

The Wook

Last edited:
Cool, cool...

I haven't watched this one yet, need to check it out:

Last edited by a moderator:
Both of these had such promise.

Rebel scum suffered from poor pacing and odd direction for the actors but looked great.

Kara suffered from some really quite horrible CG. The cinematography and acting from the two protagonists was really good. The xwing pilots were a bit... flat. Still probably the best fan film so far though.

Rebel scum suffered from poor pacing and odd direction for the actors but looked great.

Agreed. Rebel Scum looked fantastic, but it was slow to the point of making it difficult to sit through. I did like the Hologram wife and daughter, and the female Snowtrooper was excellent. I loved it when she spit in his face.

Some crisper editing would've made this an interesting short. As is, though, I was mostly bored.

The Wook

It's pretty amazing to see how far the fan films have come on a technical level. People have been making them for so many years, that it now feels like you could watch a marathon and see the evolution of low-budget independent filmmaking happen right in front of you. The amount of tools available to regular people is amazing.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back