Star Wars Card Games and others

Raptor98

Hello, I saw some card games in the visual dictionaries of recent films. Can anyone have anymore info? Like how many cards, what are the colors, symbols and what's on the back side. Thanks.
Rogue One Ultimate Visual Guide (b0bafett_Empire) p083.jpgpage76.jpggames.PNGvlcsnap-2017-05-08-21h51m19s747.pngvlcsnap-2017-05-08-21h51m11s158.png

Interesting. I haven't noticed before that all version have the same design.

Weird that it's named differently in every book. But maybe it's just like real card games, they all use the same deck. If so, at celebration Anaheim they released a complete deck of Sabacc cards, so we know exactly how many cards there are.

I have recreated a complete deck of the celebration/Rebels version. If the movie version has the exact same cards, then we are missing a lot of information.
14727674_1660333360923617_6454416606922539008_n.jpg

They completely changed Sabaac from what it was in the EU, which was pretty cool. Then, they were electronic cards that would occasionally change unless you stuck them into a field that would lock in that value.

I don't recall the Rebels episode that showed the game.
Where did you get a deck of cards?

I have the old WestEnd Games version, that Jason just commented on.

I don't recall the Rebels episode that showed the game.
Where did you get a deck of cards?

Season 1, episode 11, "Idiots Array". That's the episode with Lando.

I made a deck myself, based on the Rebels episode and the Celebration deck. You can find several Celebration deck photos online like this one:
CE5QfMTUUAAwjh9.jpg

Even rebels showed different cards, it can always be explained by "Vast universe, many planets, many culture" :V Is it possible to use the rebels deck as a reference and create the whole deck of the movie version of sabacc?

Here is a quick photoshop creation of mine.
moviesabacctest.JPG

Looking at all the reference, I'm only able to figure out 18 cards. The Rebels deck contains 78 cards...

The 18 cards in the movie deck are; triangles 1 to 6, circles 1 to 6 and ovals 1 to 6.

Also, an interesting photo is the one of DJ in the TLJ Visual Dictionary. DJ is using a card to break out of the cell.

@division6, you mean this game? Looks like it's very accurate to the game as seen in the movie.0

29716086_192700218177877_1455247538222268416_n.jpg

The new tv spot showed us two more cards :D

b50f48a7-aa9a-4b56-b38e-a9c9f61e492e.jpg

We should make a list of all know cards and expand on that. The design of the Hasbro card game is different to the design of the movies.

Following this with much interest. I've always wanted a definitive Sabaac game and I'm hoping Solo finally gives that to us.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back