Star Wars Blu-Rays... Again

*Looks at Episode II's cover*

Huh. Well at least the folks doing the artwork agree that he was a baddie.

Interesting that the cover art for 5/6 is a bad guy :)

Yoda was a bad*** in the other one :)

Dissappointing that they're now dropping the Episode numbers.

Seriously a huge waste of resources to put these out again. I think the saga box art is better than the one I got in the first offering, but there's absolutely so selling points to this collection to make me even have an inkling of wanting to buy it.

I'll be waiting for what we all are wanting. Until then, no more money from me.

Ugh. It really is terrible artwork. How do a stormtrooper and Palpatine beat out Luke, Han or Leia for 5/6? And CGI Yoda instead of practical yoda is just insulting.

If they insist on minimalism, there are so many options. How about:

I: Little Anakin
II: Angry Anakin
III: Vader
IV: Farmboy Luke
V: Dagobah Luke
VI: Jedi Luke

Or even

I: Maul
II: Palpatine
III: Sidious
IV: Ben
V: Yoda
VI: Luke

Or locations! Or ships! Or lightsabers!

Ugh I could go on for days. These feel so lazy.

just recently i watched SW again on the old VHS tapes, from before they got remastered. somehow i do think that the originals are better than the remasters with the new stuff added.

They are just getting Blu-Ray copies in stores to build hype for EP7.

Seems weird I know but there are kids wanting to see EP7 that were toddlers when the last Blu-Rays were in stores and their parents didn't buy them. Some people actually never upgraded from the VHS tapes.

I bought my son the OT and NT 2 Christmas's ago and I had to order them after checking 7-8 different brick and mortar stores.

There's always going to be a home video release of something, anything, remotely related around the time of a theatrical release. It's simple marketing, and it makes sense. If there's money to be made, why not? This is typically where "money grab" complaints start, and I think that's silly. We don't have to buy it.

There's always going to be a home video release of something, anything, remotely related around the time of a theatrical release. It's simple marketing, and it makes sense. If there's money to be made, why not? This is typically where "money grab" complaints start, and I think that's silly. We don't have to buy it.

Exactly. I haven't purchased the last 86 re-releases and I'm not about to get these either. There's a ton of non-altered movies on Blu I would rather buy.

I'd love to get copies of the blu rays in individual packaging... but, I'm not a huge fan of steelbooks and I hate to buy yet another version of these.

Decisions, decisions...

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back