Star Wars: Biomes

It's literally the 'Soarin'" ride from Disney, but set in SW... :lol:

And ya know...without the feeling of "soarin'" and being blasted in the face with random smells.

I don't think I want to be blasted in the face with the smell of a Tauntaun though, so...
LOL...spot on. You may have ruined this for me. Hated Soarin so much, even the Tea Cups were better.

That's exactly how Biomes sounds to me. A screensaver they're passing off as a show. I swear the content just gets more and more lame.

I don't see the problem. It's not like they chose this over a show or a movie. It's a little extra fun thing thrown on the service. Doesn't hurt or take away from anything.
Exactly. Don’t get the complaining or people demanding it be something it isn’t.
I always just chuckle & think of the Family Guy episode where Brian chased down a squirrel & killed it. Right before snapping the squirrel's neck, the squirrel looks at Brian & says, "This ain't about me, is it?".

For context, Brian, who thinks he's a great writer, has just read a play by Stewie, & it's better than ANYTHING Brian could do on his own.

Enjoy...

Last edited:
Is it complaining? Or is it simply participation in a discussion? What many here feel is unnecessary negativity I think of as honest feedback. I think this show sounds lame, but if others enjoy it, then indulge to your heart's content.

Last edited:
Is it complaining? Or is it simply participation in a discussion? What many here feel is unnecessary negativity I think of as honest feedback. I think this show sounds lame, but if others enjoy it, then indulge to your heart's content.
I really think that honest, valid criticizing gets lost & buried in the 'I hate to like things' view that seems to be thrown around a lot.

Some attitudes seem to equate to someone walking into a library. They love books, but they don't like biographies. Then why go to the biography section & have an elitist mindset that FORCES them to share that dislike with those reading the biographies?

Every. Single. Person. Has a right to their opinion & a right to share it, & those with differing opinions have a right to enjoy what they enjoy. The difference is, why do those who DON'T, feel the need to firmly plant themselves in the midst of those who DO, seemingly just to condescend?

It usually doesn't end with a discussion of the content,. It instead turns into a 'discussion' of which opinion is valid.

I really think that honest, valid criticizing gets lost & buried in the 'I hate to like things' view that seems to be thrown around a lot.

Some attitudes seem to equate to someone walking into a library. They love books, but they don't like biographies. Then why go to the biography section & have an elitist mindset that FORCES them to share that dislike with those reading the biographies?

Every. Single. Person. Has a right to their opinion & a right to share it, & those with differing opinions have a right to enjoy what they enjoy. The difference is, why do those who DON'T, feel the need to firmly plant themselves in the midst of those who DO, seemingly just to condescend?

It usually doesn't end with a discussion of the content,. It instead turns into a 'discussion' of which opinion is valid.

So in this one post, expresses that a critical opinion and posting it in a discussion thread is elitist, forcing others to share a dislike, and expresses condescension towards others. Couldn't the same thing be said of those who do enjoy the show to those who don't?

Nowhere in my post did I ever hint that people weren't entitled to their opinion. In fact several times now I qualified my posts to the contrary and it should go without saying but apparently that always gets lost.

I thought Biomes was boring. I thought the Emperor coming back was lazy story telling. Does that make me a flamer? I still very much enjoy Star Wars.

I guess I’ll have to go start an “Ewok adventures movie thread” and talk about the cinematic masterpieces they were, or I’ll be a general SW hater for that.

I also loved Star Trek, but there were several Spock’s Brain episodes that stunk, and the new stuff is Bantha Poodoo! But I don’t hate Trek in general.

So in this one post, expresses that a critical opinion and posting it in a discussion thread is elitist, forcing others to share a dislike, and expresses condescension towards others. Couldn't the same thing be said of those who do enjoy the show to those who don't?

Nowhere in my post did I ever hint that people weren't entitled to their opinion. In fact several times now I qualified my posts to the contrary and it should go without saying but apparently that always gets lost.
I should have clarified that I wasn't accusing you of what I was talking about, only referring to the question of whether it was complaining or discussion. I really need to edit the quotes to only show the point I was talking about. Sorry.

As to your point about those that DO like something, you're absolutely right, but I was talking about planting oneself in the midst of those who like something, just to say that you don't.

No need for apology my friend! I never aim to be confrontational either and try my best to word my posts carefully so as to illustrate my point without being inflammatory.

I just feel it's important that we should be honest about our opinions whether they are positive or negative because this space is for everyone.

People are under no obligation to enjoy these (or anything else) or make only positive comments and vice versa. I don't take things too seriously and am all for freedom of expression in the vein of discussion. Quite often having a sense of humor about the things we enjoy, or even the things we don't, helps a great deal.

They were inspired by the beautiful floaty flyovers that Apple created for the Apple TV essentially as screen savers. ILM has created all manner of gorgeous environments for various Star Wars projects and they thought the fans would appreciate it. Giving them a "series"moniker was probably not the best idea by the Disney+ folks.

People are under no obligation to enjoy these (or anything else) or make only positive comments and vice versa. I don't take things too seriously and am all for freedom of expression in the vein of discussion. Quite often having a sense of humor about the things we enjoy, or even the things we don't, helps a great deal.
My answer to these types of discussion (likes, don't likes) is: are people going to die? And if the answer is no, then Freedom of Speech prevail! (y) What I don't particularly like is the "bitchin' for the sake of bitchin'. Fine, you like/don't like...explain why you do, that's all.;)

I do wish they would have given us a Falcon walk-through into bits we've not seen, or at least through the bits we have seen in a more continuous manner. The external falcon stuff looked a lot more cartoony than the interior shots, I didn't really need those.
Inside was real, and the outside CGI.

I wouldn't even know what planet Sorgan is! Why not do Coruscant or Cloud City? Well cost obviously, but those would be way cooler IMO.
Big open CG environments are a lot easier to create than a city.... especially one that spans an entire planet ;)

I personally both liked Biomes and disliked it. As a CG artist I was intrigued and... but I did find myself skipping the sequel planets.
In the end it only left me with a single question: "what is the point in spending money on making this?". I have no interest in seeing more.

My answer to these types of discussion (likes, don't likes) is: are people going to die? And if the answer is no, then Freedom of Speech prevail! (y) What I don't particularly like is the "bitchin' for the sake of bitchin'. Fine, you like/don't like...explain why you do, that's all.;)

Completely agreed on the first point. The second is a little tricky because it's not always clear what intentions are and what is unnecessary complaining vs. what is stating an opinion/joking/venting. It can be subjective. I also think that it's generally a better idea to explain what the issues are and not just say "that's dumb." Repeating things over and over whenever there's an opportunity is not necessary. But all that can be controlled is how one responds.

My approach is often to let it be/ignore/laugh off excessive negativity. I don't take much extremely seriously and try to have a sense of humor about things. Calling others out on negativity/complaining just ends up making more of an issue than ignoring and moving on. And if people are just trying to get a rise, giving them what they want doesn't seem like a good plan. My take on it.

Last edited:
Inside was real, and the outside CGI.

Big open CG environments are a lot easier to create than a city.... especially one that spans an entire planet ;)

I personally both liked Biomes and disliked it. As a CG artist I was intrigued and... but I did find myself skipping the sequel planets.
In the end it only left me with a single question: "what is the point in spending money on making this?". I have no interest in seeing more.

I suspect it was made out of the assets they already had. Same reason they recycled Imperial class 1 Star Destroyers in TROS because they'd made them for Rogue 1. They also had a CG environment for Mustafar, and a few planets from The Mandalorian. It would be cooler if they had things like Tatooine and Coruscant, but they'd probably have to build them from scratch. While these were likely easy to put together.

Personally I'd like it if they made more planet vids as I'd be happy to have them as screensavers for my computer.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back