Star Wars: Biomes

I wouldn't even know what planet Sorgan is! Why not do Coruscant or Cloud City? Well cost obviously, but those would be way cooler IMO.

I saw the walk-over inside the MF and one of the Empire Star Cruiser + SW Biomes and yes: it's great stuff on a big screen and could be even better in VR. Highly recommended (y) (y) :cool: :cool:

I thought the Biomes was pretty good. Don't really understand the point of it other than the "Let's appreciate the beauty" thing. Probably is better if you're stoned. Seemed like a lot of long pans that could be the opening shot of a movie. Might be a little less drawn out if some credits were imposed over it, I guess.

However, on that Hoth one, I was really hoping the battle would break out. It would've been really cool to see the snow battle from that perspective.
Mustafar really looked like something out of Lord of the Rings.
In the Falcon I was really hoping they would go down that corridor past the main room and also into the gun turrets.

I thought they were fun. It's nice to see them do something different with those digital assets. Not a thing narrative-related, or with big explosions and whatnot - just a sense of the environments, and being there. Why not?

My 17yo nephew keeps saying they should do a SW travel/nature show where they visit planets in the SW universe and have a Steve Irwin type host that would take you around and show locations/animals/plants. When he was little he would ask me details about all the animals in the movies and things, so apparently that is still is on his mind. I think it could be a cool idea especially for kids.

My 17yo nephew keeps saying they should do a SW travel/nature show where they visit planets in the SW universe and have a Steve Irwin type host that would take you around and show locations/animals/plants. When he was little he would ask me details about all the animals in the movies and things, so apparently that is still is on his mind. I think it could be a cool idea especially for kids.
Great idea for a fan film (y) (y)

I'll take short quiet lethargy over 2+ hours of bad forced dialogue, obnoxious "woo-hooing," needlessly screaming character's names, Rose life lessons, etc.

I just try my best to vote with my wallet. I don't like the content they make so I don't buy it. I'm just surprised other fans are willing to give these things a pass and feel satisfied settling for scraps. As long as they make money Lucasfilm has no reason whatsoever to improve or change the quality of the content they produce. If you demand better then let them know by not giving them your money until they make what you like.

If you frequent a restaurant but they change the menu to the point where you don't enjoy the food any more, you find another restaurant. The same principle applies here. I just don't understand why people are willing to settle. But that's just me.

Last edited:
Taste and colors are personal of course...that said, I find the whole thing relaxing; almost like a commercial touting the vistas and different locations you might encounter on those different planets. I think the VR medium could make the whole experience better IMO:)

I do wish they would have given us a Falcon walk-through into bits we've not seen, or at least through the bits we have seen in a more continuous manner. The external falcon stuff looked a lot more cartoony than the interior shots, I didn't really need those.

I just try my best to vote with my wallet. I don't like the content they make so I don't buy it. I'm just surprised other fans are willing to give these things a pass and feel satisfied settling for scraps. As long as they make money Lucasfilm has no reason whatsoever to improve or change the quality of the content they produce. If you demand better then let them know by not giving them your money until they make what you like.

If you frequent a restaurant but they change the menu to the point where you don't enjoy the food any more, you find another restaurant. The same principle applies here. I just don't understand why people are willing to settle. But that's just me.
Very true. I haven't spent a dime on Disney era Lucasfilm in quite some time, nor will I until they prove themselves far far beyond episodic extras. These were akin to bonus content on DVDs/BRs, nothing more. Pretending to not like them when I did because I don't usually enjoy current Lucasfilm content and I want to push them to improve all of their other future content feels disingenuous (not implying that anyone else is doing so). I could've not made comment on these "extras" to begin with, but thats not really my style. For me this goes under credit where credit is do. We aren't going to always agree on everything but I certainly value your thoughts/ideas a great deal.

Last edited:
It's literally the 'Soarin'" ride from Disney, but set in SW... :lol:

And ya know...without the feeling of "soarin'" and being blasted in the face with random smells.

I don't think I want to be blasted in the face with the smell of a Tauntaun though, so...

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back