Star Wars Belt Buckles

Docking bay 327

I hope that I'm not the first to break the news to anyone, but western style belt buckles are back in fashion. I just figured with all the expertise on the board for metal working, casting, lathes, CAD cutting, wielding etc, that making a belt buckle would be easy. Just cut a rebel symbol out of polished aluminum, and wield on a flat loop on one end of the back and a little post on the other end of the back and you've got a belt buckle.
For you guys who sculpt, you could sculpt a Blastech Blaster and cast it out of pewter or some cheap metal, polish it, wield on the loop and post and you've got the perfect SW accessory to any outfit.

Anybody got any thoughts on this?
You could make almost anything:
3PO or Vader head
Lightsaber (lathe a 4" lightsaber, cut it lengthwise and get two belt buckles)
Any alignment symbol (rebel, empire, seps, etc)

DB327

Stuff like these:[attachmentid=5860]

I turned the Kenner Han in Carbonite into a belt buckle, I get compliments on it all the time by people who 'get it'. That and an old NES controller.

There's a guy in my Garrison who is making some large size belt buckles. He's involved in the wrestling industry, so he's use to making them BIG. The ones he's doing are 501st specific, but he may be able to answer some questions about them. PM me if interested.

Scott

I have a sterling silver Star Wars belt buckle that my dad had made for me about 25 years ago. Interestingly the same design is being used for one line of Star Wars belt buckles today with a larger buckle.

I'll have to get some images uploaded.

Originally posted by Skalen Fehl@Jan 7 2006, 08:11 PM
I have a sterling silver Star Wars belt buckle that my dad had made for me about 25 years ago. Interestingly the same design is being used for one line of Star Wars belt buckles today with a larger buckle.

[snapback]1153292[/snapback]​

sounds very cool. Definately post them.

Originally posted by Docking bay 327+Jan 9 2006, 01:25 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Docking bay 327 @ Jan 9 2006, 01:25 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Skalen Fehl
@Jan 7 2006, 08:11 PM

[snapback]1153292[/snapback]​

sounds very cool. Definately post them.
[snapback]1154634[/snapback]​
[/b]

Holy cow, I'm getting old, lol. I'll get some pics up soon. My dad also had the Pirates of the Carribean medallion made and he gave one to me. It's sweet. He's big time into coins, jewelry, etc. I'll post a pic of that too.

Originally posted by starbuckcylon@Jan 10 2006, 02:54 AM
I know what would be cool. A mini version of the Indy Jones staff of Ra head piece as a belt buckle.

What ya think?

Jim
[snapback]1154995[/snapback]​

Forget the Staff of Ra. How about the Golden Idol?
Dr. Och says, "Throw me the idol and I'll throw you the whip."

DB327

Originally posted by Jango_Fett_Jr@Jan 6 2006, 08:52 PM
I turned the Kenner Han in Carbonite into a belt buckle, I get compliments on it all the time by people who 'get it'. That and an old NES controller.
[snapback]1152728[/snapback]​

:lol Okay, the old NES controller as a belt buckle is hilarious... That is brillaint man.

Originally posted by tuskentrooper@Jan 10 2006, 02:58 PM
Han Cholo sells the Blaster buckles if you can sit through the painful use of Flash and don't mind spending $1000 on a belt buckle.
[snapback]1155222[/snapback]​

Ya, I was hoping that somebody from our board would see that as an opportunity to create a cheaper version for us.

His belt buckle is the one that Ewan is wearing from my first post.

DB327

Canvas belts with big clunkly metal buckles are all the rage in the UK.

I've even seen someone with a belt that had an aircraft seatbelt as the buckle.

I JB-welded an Imperial disk to a rectangular black and glued that onto a standard canvas belt. I wear it everywhere I go... to work, out in the streets, nightclubs etc and get a lot of looks of interest :)

I'm the only person in Edinburgh who wears an Imperial buckle :lol

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back