Star Wars Back Lot Photos

thats a skiff, and a snowspeeder... and i think i see the spacship from flight of the navigator in there too.
does this clear your unsureness up?

<div class='quotetop'>(13athtroom @ Jun 10 2006, 05:21 PM) [snapback]1259748[/snapback]</div>
i think i see the spacship from flight of the navigator in there too.
[/b]
Confirmed. :thumbsup

Pretty cool pix.

<div class='quotetop'>(13athtroom @ Jun 10 2006, 05:21 PM) [snapback]1259748[/snapback]</div>
thats a skiff, and a snowspeeder... and i think i see the spacship from flight of the navigator in there too.
does this clear your unsureness up?
[/b]

LOL..

The Skiff and the Snowspeeder were the obvious ones. It's the other two I was unfamiliar with.

I think the one next to the skiff is from "My Favorite Martian" with Christopher Lloyd.
As for the skiff and snowspeeder, they are the ones that were out front of Star Tours but they removed them to make the stage area. I personally think they should be still out front and not thrown on the backlot.

They've shortened that tour last I was there by the way, and you don't even go back to that area anymore.

Those pics still tick me off - sitting outside getting trashed by weather when they could be on display somewhere...

But it's nice to see they're still around.

They're not originals, so don't worry about them wasting away. I saw them on the backlot in 1990, and they don't look to have changed very much since then.

<div class='quotetop'>(rigormortis @ Jun 10 2006, 09:11 PM) [snapback]1259863[/snapback]</div>
Those pics still tick me off - sitting outside getting trashed by weather when they could be on display somewhere...

But it's nice to see they're still around.
[/b]

Yeah I go every year and this past summer you could really see the telling wear on the Flight of the Navigator. Worse yet is the condition of the Indy armored track vehicle. Sad.

<div class='quotetop'>(Jedi-72 @ Jun 11 2006, 02:10 AM) [snapback]1259885[/snapback]</div>
They're not originals, so don't worry about them wasting away. I saw them on the backlot in 1990, and they don't look to have changed very much since then.
[/b]

Are you certain they're not real Jedi-72? How can you tell? :)

Nice photos, thanks for posting Force Commander.

Jeremy

<div class='quotetop'>(gonk27 @ Jun 11 2006, 12:58 PM) [snapback]1260128[/snapback]</div>
Nice photos, thanks for posting Force Commander.

Jeremy
[/b]

Thanks. There's more somewhere. There was a building we entered after this where there were more props (like a lifesize Alien). If I ever find them, I'll post them as well.

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Lars @ Jun 19 2006, 09:20 AM) [snapback]1263956[/snapback]</div>
Which city is this in?
[/b]
It is (or was) part of the Disney-MGM Studios Backlot Tour attraction at Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida.

Actually they are originals but have been "restored" by Disney over the years resulting in some inaccuracies. The speeder cannons, for one.

They have been moved around several times, appearing in the "bone yard" on the backstage tour more than once.

Fairly recently the backlot was altered to make room for a stunt show.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back