Star Wars Armour/Costumes?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Costumes and Props' started by Drac, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Drac

Drac Sr Member

Hi all, just thought id ask, but are there actually any Star Wars costumes that HAVENT been done already? or at least very few of? Its just there seems to be alot of the same about? any thoughts? cheers Paul

2. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

yoda costume, i havent seen

3. Drac

Drac Sr Member

True but im about 5'9 - 6'0 so might need something not so much on the small side :D lol :thumbsup

4. EyeofSauron

hey you asked for a rarely done SW costume, so i provided :D you did not put out any specifications.

but, if you insist: Boss Nass

5. jnjoker100

jnjoker100 Active Member

6. Drac

Drac Sr Member

LoL very true I wasnt specific :D maybe not so much the crappiest characters in Star Was ever either lol :p

7. EyeofSauron

aww, come on, youre making it hard on me :D a costume seldomly made, that is of a likeable or hateable character?

gereral grievous, jabba the hutt, watto

or maybe asoka tano

8. OldKen

OldKen Master Member

IG-88?

Amanaman?

Max Rebo?

Droopy McCool?

Nien Nunb?

Crix Madene?

Has anyone done a Blue Snaggletooth? That would be really cool!

I would love to see a PERFECT Ponda Boba...

9. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

Blue Snag would be AWESOME. Go Kenner accurate, not film accurate (ie the same costume but taller and red), and you you'd have fanboys foaming.

10. Fierfek

Fierfek Sr Member

Better yet, Why not Ben Quadinaros or Kitster?

11. Rick H

Rick H Well-Known Member

Theres a lot to do. Just not Jar Jar Binks, Please........
    When Yoda dances in the street, I sense a disturbance in the force. :angel

12. Drac

Drac Sr Member

Noooooooooo Jar Jar not a chance lol

13. Mardikrewe

Mardikrewe New Member

Not many have done Star Killer. There are a few different versions. I think all of them are cool.

:).

14. Double T

Double T Well-Known Member

Out of curiousity, I checked the Rebel Legion member list, and I'm actually seeing a few of those.

So there's that.

T

15. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Every single costume you can imagine has been done. Pick something you like.

16. Drac

Drac Sr Member

Your Probably quite right, and as for Starkiller there are hundreds of them over at Flagship all types just about too i think :(

17. Mardikrewe

Mardikrewe New Member

Sorry M8:confused

I have not been to the flagship for quite a while ... my mistake. I did a Revan a few years ago when there where only 4. At that time there was only say 2 Star Killers in progress I believe, 1 approved and the other WIP.

As the last post. He is more than likely very correct. Remember about doing Expanded universe stuff, Lucas Films does "NOT" approve them for high end events. Both Myself and Spanos in his AWESOME Durge were denied acceptence to Star Wars in concert.

How about this one ....... AirBourne Clone. The one with the bumble bee helmet. VERY few of those last I checked.

18. Nobby

Nobby Sr Member

not many Wampas about :)

19. Supa troop

Supa troop Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Dash whatshisname ??

any ewok

A whole host of Characters from the Cantina

20. DeLucks Designs

DeLucks Designs Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Cripsy Uncle Owen?

21. tk 9464

tk 9464 Member

How about Figrin D'an (band leader) from the Cantina;, including insturment. Or Mangnaguard, (Grievous's bodyguard) that one would be cool...

22. Drac

Drac Sr Member

Some pretty interesting ideas coming through here :D cheers all for the effort :)

23. Snxi

Snxi New Member

Im a huge star wars fan, so looking forward to see what you come up with. I made myself a Shaak Ti costume few weeks ago :)

24. Panzer

Panzer Well-Known Member

Never seen the giant preying mantis guy in the cantina.

25. Leon Kowalski

Leon Kowalski New Member

Nien Nunb's been done...

[​IMG]

:confused

26. Tom327Cat

Tom327Cat New Member

27. cayman shen

cayman shen Master Member

But some are faaaaaar less common. I think that'd make some more interesting.

You could do animated Clone Wars versions of some b-list characters just to make it unique. Bossk comes to mind, as do some of the jedi such as Plo Koon or Kit Fisto. Kit's Mon Cal apprentice might be nifty.

28. Drac

Drac Sr Member

I like the idea of animated clone wars characters, hmmmmmm :cool

29. Cal

Cal Well-Known Member

Just remember the more obscure you are willing to go, the more people will admire it. For example, a lot of work goes into making a good Jedi tunic and robes, but the everyday person doesn't go to crazy over it. But a good sith people will knock others down to get a picture. Like the Darth Bane that Thomas/The Clone Emperor built. Some people want a costume only that is easy to recognize -Darth Vader- some want to hang back and blend in -Rebel Trooper- It just all depends.

30. Kommissar

Kommissar Well-Known Member

31. Drac

Drac Sr Member

Yeah Ive been looking at the old republic stuff some is pretty good, not the most recognisable but that is not really what im after i guess :D

32. Drac

Drac Sr Member

Think i may do a clone trooper have sourced some armour already so we shall see :D

33. Rotwang

Rotwang Sr Member

This got me thinking, has anyone ever done an actual action figure costume ? IE an action figure blown up to human size ?

34. the_batdemon

the_batdemon Sr Member

I think there have been some based on Lego's minifigs. I swear I'd seen photos floating around the net years ago of a couple 70s Kenner style costumes, complete with sabers coming out of the arms and plastic capes/cloaks.

35. Lando

Lando Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

If your looking at doing clone armor, clone troopers.net is the place to go, I am currently building a CC Bly I get all my info there, lots of good armorers there, you will also,find all the accessories you need :thumbsup

36. hdtheater

hdtheater Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Rancor?

Gamorrean guard?

37. Drac

Drac Sr Member

I have seen a batman lego, but not star wars, that would be funny :D

Thanks for the info, I have already been there and have joined, very good info and help there for sure :D

38. Hermes

Hermes Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I have pictures on my other computer of two Minifigs blown up to costume-size - a Qui-Gon Jinn and a Darth Maul. They were wicked!

And you´re right, I´ve done Starkiller and Ahsoka myself, those are suits that are more and more common these days. But how about a variation on the characters? I mean, one has seen a Luke ESB, but I´ve seldom seen a dirtied-up, pocket flaps torn and hanging, Luke ESB. You´ve got the looks, even though judging by the picture you´re more manly than Hamill will ever be, but that could be a good variant.

Or even the Dark empire Luke, which I haven´t seen many floating around, perhaps?

39. Hermes

Hermes Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

40. mothmonty

mothmonty Well-Known Member

Build a super battle droid, or grievous guards

41. Finn

Finn New Member

*evil grin*

I'm interested in doing a Jar-Jar Binks cause I loved him. Just need to find the effort to get started.

42. chwbcc

chwbcc New Member

You could do Biggs Darklighter! That would be fun to see. Or just pick a random extra from one of the Scenes in Hoth.

Or you could have fun and make Chewbacca riding a Probe Droid! (Chewbacca as your chest and droid as your torso) :lol

43. leromero

leromero New Member

You know, now that you mention it a clone trooper would be interesting. This might even be just a personal project for myself. Hmmm.....

44. Burnsy

Burnsy New Member

Gammy Guards have been done many times but they do look great.

Haven't seen many Nien Nunbs

I really want to do a Cad Bane.

45. jedi onasi

jedi onasi New Member

How about one of the Rogues? Derek "Hobbie" Klivian, Wes Janson, Tycho Celchu or good ol Wedge Antilles?

46. ObiWannabe

ObiWannabe Well-Known Member

Back in the day I always wanted to be the first one to do Panaka or any Naboo Royal Guard, but I bet there's a bajillion of them now. ;_;

And why NOT Gungans? Jar Jar aside, I actually did like Captain Tarpals and some of the generic Gungan warriors. A great chance to learn prosthetics and mask-making.

47. NexusFX

NexusFX Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

dont see alot of 4-lom's, dash rendars, or bib fortunas. No one has ever done an ishi tib

48. terryr

terryr Sr Member

Luke as Darth Vader in the cave?

A stormtrooper full of Ewok arrows?

Ohh, an amputee as young Vader with arms and legs cut off! Freak people out!

49. HAL9000

HAL9000 Sr Member

Never seen a Bossk myself.

50. Lando

Lando Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

its been done already