Limited Run cancelled, Star wars anh chewbacca bowcaster run

Yeah, keep me up to date on how it turns out. I was thinking about trying to find a black delrin rod the approximate diameter of the fat plug and drill a hole in the center to fit the new skinny rod.

I was going to try black milliput to convert a "fat" to skinny, will let you know how it goes...

I have three vintage scopes right now and they are all different, two of them are the exact same model but still a bit different.

the differences are very slight, one being the placement of the adjustment knobs, can vary. but on all these old scopes the measurements will vary even in the same model.
I have found I had to buy several scopes to get a set to that matched.

The results of the milliput conversion from fat to skinny red dot.

Fairly easy, don't notice it much on casual inspection. Could probably paint it with more gloss to better match the color.

si6Fnoy.jpg

That's not bad at all. I'm going to consider doing that too.

If you do I would suggest balling up the milliput in the amount that will fill the hole, then putting a toothpick or something to create the hole in the center. Then place in the hole, do some smoothing, remove the item in the hole smooth until satisfied then clear the hole again.

I waited until set then superglued the red rod in.

I was worried the non-set milliput would get on the end of the red rod (blocking light) if I simply pushed it through the milliput.

The hardest part was cutting the red rod so it wouldn't looked cracked and deformed in the scope. Got it ok but not perfect with dremel and some "light" heat to clean up the end a bit.

in case any one is needing a set of scopes, here is a nice set that are matched, these are one of the closest matches you will find to the model 7's
$250 for the set + shipping
pm me if your interested

Attachments

• IMG_8196.JPG
    IMG_8196.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 191
  • IMG_8197.JPG
    IMG_8197.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 165
  • IMG_8198.JPG
    IMG_8198.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_8199.JPG
    IMG_8199.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_8200.JPG
    IMG_8200.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 167
  • IMG_8201.JPG
    IMG_8201.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 168
Bowcaster-SW.png
Hey guys! So I hunted down this coil cable for the back of the Scopes. It's from the 1970's and a very similar one can be seen in the millennium falcon on Solo's set right before the Jedi training remote session

This is a thicker cable than the Graflex sync cable you think?

Where did you get the scope railing/ thing?
As I understand it, the Singlepoint is attached to the railing, and the 2 4x20s are clamped onto the former scopering, yes?

The rear cable I have is about 4.45mm
About the (railing) are you talking about the two side rails that connect to the barrel block? Or that very top scope mount. If your talking the barrel block brackets I built them. If your talking about the top scope mount I have a real horton so it's had the scope mount. Part #1 is the side rails. #2 is that scope attachment that came on my Horton.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190120-120248_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190120-120248_Gallery.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 199
The rear cable I have is about 4.45mm
About the (railing) are you talking about the two side rails that connect to the barrel block? Or that very top scope mount. If your talking the barrel block brackets I built them. If your talking about the top scope mount I have a real horton so it's had the scope mount. Part #1 is the side rails. #2 is that scope attachment that came on my Horton.

Thanks.

I've got a line on an old cable- appreciate the info.

I guess we'll have to wait for Jerry to come up w/ the part from the Horton.

I figure you based your side rails on framegrabs.

for the balls you can cut a slit in it and simply slide the ball on.
the block should be a tight/snug fit, so once you have your plates screwed to the block it will hold everything in place.
as for the cord that wraps around the back, it's 4.5 mm thick, the coils are 14mm round. this is from an old headphone set
I posted this the page over ;)

the balls used on the prop are high bounce pinky balls, most toy stores have them

I'd like to use plastic balls so I don't have to worry about rubber deteriorating in 30 years.
And Toys R Us is gone :( hence my quest for the dimensions.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back