Star Wars Andor (Disney+ TV series)

This was posted yesterday…

Won't it rob the tension out of watching this knowing he will never die in the show? I mean the threat will be there but he'll likely come across invincible knowing he will survive the entire series only to die in Rogue One? I'll gladly skip this one.
Nah, it’s like James Bomd. You know he won’t d…. Oh wait. ;)

I think this may be more how part of him dies having so much taken away by the Empire and having to do what must be done. So there is a terrible journey there.

Tatooine? the planet where we were introduced to all those species living together?

J

I don't think all planets are multicultural. Walking around Manhattan is different than walking around Beijing, no? In fact, I get the impression there are probably more humans in the SW universe than any other alien race, based on the demographics, don't you?

I don't have a problem with the paucity of other alien races here, just like I don't have a problem with Kashyyyk being all wookie.

Last edited:
I don't think all planets are multicultural. Walking around Manhattan is different than walking around Beijing, no? In fact, I get the impression there are probably more humans in the SW universe than any other alien race, based on the demographics, don't you?

I don't have a problem with the paucity of other alien races here, just like I don't have a problem with Kashyyyk being all wookie.
I don’t think you understand what I was saying, I mentioned that both the Andor and the ObiWan trailers seem to be devoid of alien species

The ObiWan series is set on Tatooine & apart from the inquisitors & the ‘Maul’ species there’s not the usual creatures there in the trailers

J

This planet looks like Planet UK with all the red bricks, very 'Doctor Who' looking

Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 22.20.53.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-26 at 22.20.25.png

J

This trailer shows real potential. The tone portrays a real sense of gravity. That's not meant to be a pun either, lol. The cast alone is pretty impressive. I would be very happy to be proven wrong by my initial objections to this story. I may be tempted to give it a shot.

I liked Rogue One...this trailer looks interesting but i never thought Andor was that intriguing of a character to base a show on. I'm looking for a great story that speaks Star Wars. One thing i've learned is that you can't always have your cake and eat it too. To me, Star Wars has always been full of adventure and light and yes, some serious situations as well when it calls for it. I just hope this series isn't "so serious" that once again, it has to infuse some agenda to "enlighten" us all about the current world we live in as if we are all babies still sucking on the bottle.

So the canon is to be changed, yet again. I'm telling you all. Continuity is not important anymore.

“There are certain events that happen in these five years that are important and need to be paid attention to. There are certain people, characters that are legacy characters, that the audience, the passionate audience, really feels that they have an understanding of and know.

In some cases, they’re right. And in some cases, what we’re saying is, ‘What you know, what you’ve been told, what’s on Wookieepedia, what you’ve been telling each other … is really all wrong.’ It’s upside down, or it’s sideways, or it’s the opposite of what you thought was true. Or it’s way more interesting than you had ever thought. Or that’s a lie and there’s a reason for it. I would say that there’s some surprises in store.” -Dark Horizons

I love the descriptor telling us before the show even airs that we're all wrong. That's certainly not the kind of talk that's going to garner much trust. Look this trailer looks promising and I stand by that. I hope I'm dead wrong with my initial thoughts about it and this show turns out to be amazing, but if you care at all about continuity then just be ready because it's about to be unseated yet again.

So the canon is to be changed, yet again. I'm telling you all. Continuity is not important anymore.

“There are certain events that happen in these five years that are important and need to be paid attention to. There are certain people, characters that are legacy characters, that the audience, the passionate audience, really feels that they have an understanding of and know.

In some cases, they’re right. And in some cases, what we’re saying is, ‘What you know, what you’ve been told, what’s on Wookieepedia, what you’ve been telling each other … is really all wrong.’ It’s upside down, or it’s sideways, or it’s the opposite of what you thought was true. Or it’s way more interesting than you had ever thought. Or that’s a lie and there’s a reason for it. I would say that there’s some surprises in store.” -Dark Horizons

I love the descriptor telling us before the show even airs that we're all wrong. That's certainly not the kind of talk that's going to garner much trust. Look this trailer looks promising and I stand by that. I hope I'm dead wrong with my initial thoughts about it and this show turns out to be amazing, but if you care at all about continuity then just be ready because it's about to be unseated yet again.
They're never going to stop messing with canon. It creates too much "buzz" which generates interest and sells. Once changing canon stops being profitable they'll stop altering it.

Last edited:

Perhaps there's a "spin" where the developing Rebellion isn't really the high and noble resistance group we were made to believe they were. Lots of shades of gray, and even some black perhaps (as they showed with Cassian in Rogue One)

I could do without subverting the good vs. evil threadline in Star Wars. There are ways to explore the ambiguity of certain characters within these stories without having to change the meaning of the original material. Making the Rebellion morally ambiguous on the whole would really undermine their entire meaning in the story. Making the Empire "not such bad guys" also would destroy their function within the story.

I could see a group of characters or individual characters bending rules or doing unethical things, but to redefine the two factions so drastically that no one is more right than the other would make Star Wars just like any other sci-fi story. I certainly hope they balance the line carefully so as not to drop off completely into the ravine of subjective morality. Virtue and Vice aren't interchangeable in every story. Then again we shall see how it pans out.

I know nothing of the show but what are the odds there will be a major turn in a character where they lose everything for not doing the right thing at a critical moment. Such as Andor not offing someone in a time of fight or flight. Because the first person he interacts with in R1 he offs without hesitantion instead of allowing him to be captured.

There seems to be an AK based rifle in the trailer. There were designs of a cut down and moifed AK receiver based pistol done for EP7. Wonder if that will appear as some prior designs related to it showed up in R1.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back