Star Wars Andor (Disney+ TV series)

It cracks me up that variants of the “Han Solo Bib Shirt From the Empire Strikes Back” have become the standard shirt for all protagonists in the Star Wars universe. It makes for some very tired looking costume designs.

“If you are a hero in the Star Wars Universe, you must wear a bib shirt with the flap open on Casual Friday’s…”

291D8799-D22D-4384-A4BC-948A4AC4F0D4.jpeg
C263A66B-D958-4FA7-A5E7-4168963809B6.jpeg
6A854B9F-47FC-48C0-800A-AA0A042B0D3A.jpeg
9E465C5D-C7F2-4E83-999C-947691A63DAD.jpeg
EADD50F9-E227-40EE-BBA5-9AC94F210ED3.jpeg
59585BDA-1152-47FE-90C9-633EF1FEA6E0.jpeg

Last edited:
It cracks me up that variants of the “Han Solo Bib Shirt From the Empire Strikes Back” have become the standard shirt for all protagonists in the Star Wars universe. It makes for some very tired looking costume designs.

“If you are a hero in the Star Wars Universe, you must wear a bib shirt with the flap open on Casual Friday’s…”

View attachment 1456026View attachment 1456032View attachment 1456028View attachment 1456029View attachment 1456030View attachment 1456027
Continuity on the look of the whole Rebel Forces...besides, which manufacture the Rebels are using when it comes to "uniforms"? Surplus store?
The bib shirt is a very old design to be sure and it's re-assuring that they still put that design throughout the franchise.

Continuity on the look of the whole Rebel Forces...besides, which manufacture the Rebels are using when it comes to "uniforms"? Surplus store?
The bib shirt is a very old design to be sure and it's re-assuring that they still put that design throughout the franchise.

I have to disagree that the “Han Solo bib shirt” was “Standard-Issue Rebel Uniform Attire”. Find me a Rebel Alliance member in the OT films who sported this shirt / look other than Han or (occasionally) Luke.

It was only with the Disney Star Wars films that Han Solo’s overall “look” became standard-issue fare, adopted by all male, non-Jedi, protagonists. Prior to that, Han Solo always had a unique “American cowboy / gunslinger look” that set him apart.

E967B2CC-1368-4C0E-9D7B-8BAC87EEEF9C.jpeg

Last edited:
I don't think we really saw that many human civilians in 'street wear' in the OT, but as has already been pointed out, Luke wore one after changing from work clothes, into a pilot's uniform, into regular clothes...
Screenshot_20210508-194242.png

... then, didn't Lando wear one when he went to find Han at the end of ESB? I know some will say it's just one of Han's, but that just shows that he had more than one on the Falcon.

I still stand by that it was just a common civilian shirt.

I don't think we really saw that many human civilians in 'street wear' in the OT, but as has already been pointed out, Luke wore one after changing from work clothes, into a pilot's uniform, into regular clothes...View attachment 1456202

... then, didn't Lando wear one when he went to find Han at the end of ESB? I know some will say it's just one of Han's, but that just shows that he had more than one on the Falcon.

I still stand by that it was just a common civilian shirt.

I think that in both Lando and Luke’s case, they were borrowing clothing from Han, on short notice….Luke is specifically wearing pants with yellow Corellian stripes that are nearly identical to what Han wore in ESB as well as a “Han flap shirt” and an ill-fitting, slightly oversized, Rebel jacket. They likely did a “Fisher King” and rolled-up and stapled the ends of the pants to temporarily fit Luke.

And Lando? He clearly raided Han’s closet on the Falcon.

The bib shirts were originally intended for the Empire. But when the clothiers planet came under attack the designers gathered all the patterns and as many bolts of fabric as they could and defected to the Rebellion.
I thought it was established in Han Solo At Star’s End that it was the Fortuna family that was the exclusive supplier of Han’s flap shirts?

I can't remember a single name of a single character from the movie. But I do recall thinking this character, along with most of the others, was boring. How did he get a show, exactly? What more could there possibly be to say about this character? We already know his fate, so nothing will have consequence... I just don't get it.

I can't remember a single name of a single character from the movie. But I do recall thinking this character, along with most of the others, was boring. How did he get a show, exactly? What more could there possibly be to say about this character? We already know his fate, so nothing will have consequence... I just don't get it.

100% Agreed.

I will never understand the hype of Rogue One. The characters were flat and boring, and the film itself was dull. I didn't care about any of the characters when they died. (And the Vader scene at the end is so tonally out of the blue, it retroactively damages A New Hope)

Who honestly wanted a series about this character?

100% Agreed.

I will never understand the hype of Rogue One. The characters were flat and boring, and the film itself was dull. I didn't care about any of the characters when they died. (And the Vader scene at the end is so tonally out of the blue, it retroactively damages A New Hope)

Yeeesss. Vader in the OT was cruel and calculating. The Vader in R1 was fanfic, plain and simple.

I have to disagree that the “Han Solo bib shirt” was “Standard-Issue Rebel Uniform Attire”. Find me a Rebel Alliance member in the OT films who sported this shirt / look other than Han or (occasionally) Luke.
Rebel troopers and commanders in ANH all wore bib shirts, but those had classic point collars, not Mandarin style, and you never saw the flap open.
There were off-white (low-ranking officers), brown (higher-ranking officers) and blue. (Rebel fleet troopers)

100% Agreed.

Agreed—K2-SO was the most engaging character of that film. I would have loved to have seen him drop-kick BB-8 like a soccer ball.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back