Star Wars: 35-year anniversary May 25

You left out the date when teh Sheperton Studios lawsuit was dismissed.

And the Star Wars cast appearing on the Muppet show re: Link to Yoda

And for you younger folks that weren't there or too little to have a memory of that day...

It really was all that.

Maybe there are some old newcast footage of people waiting in line from back then on the youtubes?

Yep, I was there in '77 to see it in it's initial run. I can still remember the day going with my Dad while my then 2 year old brother stayed with my Mom at my Grandparents house. The theater has been long closed, but the mall is still there. Youth indeed! And here I am 35 years later still indulging from the spark of that day. Cool :cool:)

I also saw it first run in '77. I saw a lot of great films in that theater, it's a billiard hall now :unsure

That can't be true. If that was true I'd be 45! I'd have a grey beard and everything. Oh wait.

May 25, 1977... "A day long remembered." My mom packed me, my brother and 2 of his friends, my sister, my best friend, even my grandmother into the family station wagon. The huge theater we saw it in doesn't exist anymore, but the screens were Imax size. It was only the second movie I'd ever seen on the big screen. Naturally it blew me away for life!

I was there first day first show, even got interviewed on all the local news channels.

Time sure flies!

Yeah, but how old were you when you first saw Star Wars? I saw it opening day and was a whopping 10 years old. Definately that first scene has been burned into my brian. Good times!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back