Star Wars: 2022 High Republic Era

Hold on now...

...Space Horsies!!

View attachment 1408393

Now, no one told me that the Space Horsies from The Rise of Skywalker would be making an appearance in these YA novels, comics, and coloring books.

Things just got real, folks.

And GREMLINS! Good thing 'cause I've really missed those little guys. :rolleyes:

SWHR_gremlins.png

So, not gonna lie, but Dinosaur type races are a big part of the fun of the old republic comics I remember. lol.

That actually raises my interest.

No it wasn’t for everyone. It played to specific demographic that just didn’t know what they were until they saw this.
And no. Not everyone loved it either. But people who would also see this were also limited in what was available to see at the time.
You’re old enough to remember that we didn’t have 10 movies a month in megaplexes.
^^ This! Not everyone is a Sci-Fi fan...:rolleyes:

I'll be that guy...

I pre-ordered the Audible for Star Wars: Light of the Jedi, & it's actually really good. I'll admit I can't speak for every entry in the overall story, but this is an excellent first step. I feel I can honestly say that those 'trailer' videos that show the BTS stuff from the story group, or the fluffy 'Look at what Star Wars Nerds we are', seem to be mostly marketing tools that have very little to do with the creative process that goes into the actual end result.

I'll admit I'm a bit biased, because I've been looking forward to these releases for a while, just to get into a different era, with, other than Yoda, some different characters. I don't, however, feel that my anticipation has jaded my opinion of the material. I can honestly say I'll get the next releases based on my enjoyment of the beginning.

I really like the idea of the techno raiders the Nihil seem to be. Show us a physically formidable group that isn’t Force based. I’m a little bit in the “call me when it’s animated/live action” camp but I have an open mind and at least this gives them something to adapt later if it’s popular.

I’ve never understood the general fascination with dinosaurs. Anthropology and archeology always seemed vastly more interesting to me than paleontology…dinosaurs are just big birds essentially.

"Diversity" if you have to write that down, you fail at the basic level of understanding what your working on.
"not pro war" it's called star WAAARRRRS
"the force" Huh? You really need to write down "the force" when your writing a story about Jedi?

Did they play "this is how you do it" and have a dance party after this genius list was created?

"Diversity" if you have to write that down, you fail at the basic level of understanding what your working on.
"not pro war" it's called star WAAARRRRS
"the force" Huh? You really need to write down "the force" when your writing a story about Jedi?

Did they play "this is how you do it" and have a dance party after this genius list was created?

Welcome to group think... art by committee, not visionaries.

they forgot one....Lamp. Need lamp. How else are people going to see what they are doing if they don't have light? If you can't see what your doing then dinosaurs will eat everyone and there won't be any diversity left in the galaxy and then people will start wars.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back