Star Wars 1313 - LET THE RAMPANT SPECULATION BEGIN!!!!!

Ugh. Sorry to be negative but I can't stand the Lego games. I know they're aimed at kids but the joke wears off in under a minute.

The LEGO SW games are very fun to play with kids, I don't know why everyone knocks them. I don't see a big announcement for those because it's probably a sure thing that they will make more. This is a Force Unleashed kind of announcement. If it's not a new X-Wing/TIE Fighter, Republic Commando 2, or a Dark Forces game I will be underwhelmed.

I have no doubt they're doing another lego game but the way Spike was hyping it as something massive I figure it is something they hope to do well. I know the bioware online SW game isn't doing well.

Geez, I hope it's not Lego. What else could they even do for the Lego games? They did PT. They did OT. Then they did both. Then they did CW. I mean, honestly, what's left?

TFU II was awful, so I'm hoping that line's dead.

Battlefront, Republic Commando, or an X-Wing game would be fantastic. Other than that...

I have no doubt they're doing another lego game but the way Spike was hyping it as something massive I figure it is something they hope to do well. I know the bioware online SW game isn't doing well.

TOR isn't successful? That's interesting... they way over-publicized that one for like two years beforehand.

Don`t think it`s Lego...we already know there`s another Lego short feature film similar to the Padawan Menace nearing release, so I`m guessing that`s the Lego reference.
BF3É I`d be surprised, although it`s the only thing I`d actually be looking forward to. The current management at LA killed a basically ready for release BF3, and they`d look like idiots if they then turn around and sink a ton of the company`s money into the same game.
My money is on something TFU-like sadly.

If it is BF3, I'll be thrilled. If it's TFU3, I'll likely pick it up. Unless it's some form of FPS, or a new TFU, I'll probably pass. My attention span doesn't hold for most games.

I'm just hoping if it's a new The Force Unleashed game it lasts longer than the last one. TFU2 was just too short, even though I liked the story and ending.

Star Wars Kinect II: Electric Jedi Boogaloo!! Yaaaay!!!!

This I would buy actually. The first was fun, and still gets play at our house. The mechanics were solid, the graphics were good, the game modes were fun and covered a whole whack of different game types. Everybody just needs to lighten up a bit about it.

I would like another Battlefront IF they copied more from the Battlefield series (2 and 3 at least). The first two were like akward handicap clones of Battlefield 2. They just never gave you that much freedom or anything. It just felt like you were on a leash.

I would like another Battlefront IF they copied more from the Battlefield series (2 and 3 at least). The first two were like akward handicap clones of Battlefield 2. They just never gave you that much freedom or anything. It just felt like you were on a leash.

Eh. Honestly, I've found BF3 to be fun but flawed. It might work better as a sci-fi game like Star Wars, but BF3's maps are mostly linear affairs which is actually pretty similar to the Battlefront maps. The big problem for Battlefront was that it was SO heavily console-oriented that the PC version was basically just a port of the console game. That meant small servers, a lousy browser for servers, and precious little ability to customize the gaming experience the way PC players tend to expect.

Also, at least as I recall, the weapons felt...spammy. Like, the way to succeed was to just spray and pray, and no need to really aim. And the classes never REALLY felt like canon to me.

Like others have said, Id love if it was a modern TIE-fighter remake, but I cant see that happen...

Id love if they picked up the old school Jedi Knight games. The team behind Battlefront went out of business didnt they? After Battle for Middle Earth?

Id like a Republic commando game, but now it would be Imperial Commando. :love

If I dream, Id like a TES style, sandbox game set in the SW OT era. Choose class and everything.

I'm just hoping if it's a new The Force Unleashed game it lasts longer than the last one. TFU2 was just too short, even though I liked the story and ending.
I agree that game was way too frickin short to buy the collectors edition (like i did:facepalm) . this better not be another lego game or :angry

Id like a Republic commando game, but now it would be Imperial Commando. :love

That would be great too. I just want to know what happened to Sev because Karen Traviss was banned from doing anything with him after that game. She said LucasArts had the right to tell what happened to him.

Official announcement

StarWars.com | Dive Into the Criminal Underworld in Star Wars 1313

LucasArts is diving into the most dangerous depths of the Star Wars criminal underworld with their newly announced internally developed videogame franchise, Star Wars 1313. Players will take control of a lethal bounty hunter in the never-before-explored expanses of Level 1313, deep below the surface of Coruscant. Using an arsenal of exotic weaponry to hunt down marks, the player must also uncover the truth surrounding a criminal conspiracy in this third-person cinematic action adventure game. It's a bold new take on the Star Wars galaxy, intended for mature audiences.

Star Wars 1313 emphasizes epic set pieces and fast-paced combat with a mortal, well-equipped hero who cannot rely on supernatural powers to survive his dangerous environment. The game benefits from an integrated development approach that brings together artists from across the entire Lucasfilm organization, including LucasArts, Industrial Light & Magic, Lucasfilm Animation Ltd. and Skywalker Sound.

And the website

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/1313/

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back