Star Wars “ inspired” binoculars

Kwc271

Hello everyone!
I was looking through eBay recently and saw a lot of vintage inexpensive cameras and thought that some of them might make good Star Wars universe type binoculars. Has anyone here tried doing this? Not the cannon versions, but versions that look like they would belong in that “Galaxy far far away”. If so,I would sure like to see them as I’m thinking of doing it myself. Btw, if this has been discussed in another thread I apologize.

Kevin

20200702_175644.jpg

20200702_175640.jpg
20200702_175610.jpg
Here's mine. :) I still want to add a small shielding visor above the eyepieces

I’m planning on it definitely! I see some good candidates on eBay and I can get an assortment of greeblies at work. ( I work as a maintenance tech );)

Hi! I've made a pair of custom macrobinoculars using old cameras. You can see them here:
1.JPG

_DSC2259.JPG

I hope you like them and inspire you. Greetings!!

When I set out to do my Luke macros, I wound up picking up a few other cameras as backups in case I couldn't find the right parts. a long story short in the process of building one set of macros I wound up with one set of screen accurate and two 'in universes ones. Which I don't really mind. One of the Eumigs wound up with a really well aged leather wrist strap screwed to the side which I think really added to the look.

Last edited:
I'm curious if a digital camera could be disassembled and the camera lens installed in one of the retro lenses in the front and then wired to the display and fitted onto the rear section so the binocs would have actual zoom in and zoom out capabilities.

Yes, someone in this forum did it with Lukes ANH Binoculars. Can't remember who it was and i can't find the the thread...

Just scored a b&h sportster IV, on the bay for a reasonable price. I was thinking of using a cheap 3v led backlight module like this:

B1FFA71D-2D94-4262-BD83-1121606B5E16.jpeg

with a printed transparency of a screen shot of the view from the film, in the viewfinder side

4C392DB2-4A12-48B0-A9FC-10AE6B177E38.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back