Star Trek XII. And the new villian possibly is..........

Polsnulspace

Sr Member
Benicio Del Toro...........

BdT.jpg

Interested to who he will play if he does get involved. I know the obvious call is Khan and to be honest, I could see him easily pull it off.

The question is though......can Chris Pine scream Khaaaaaan like The Shat can?

I quite like del Toro...he always strikes me as a bit....unhinged.

I just hope they do something new....not Khan, not ANYTHING that's gone before.....(having said that, i'd love to see an alternate universe Reliant!)

Rich

I honestly don't think it will be Khan anyway though I'd happily welcome it if indeed it was.....however they went about it. I'm a big ST fan from TOS through to VOY (and I kinda liked ST ENT) but I'm really diggin this rebooted Star Trek. I say give us Khan....somehow! It'll be fun!

How can they do Khan if he and Kirk don't have a history?

They did it in "Space Seed."

However I find Del Toro too old to be playing a "young" Khan.

So much for "do we go with a villain, or mysterious cosmic occurance plot this time." :rolleyes

I hope there's lots of lens flare and explosions.

Kevin

Seriously, why would people want Khan back? Why not try something new instead? Something different? Something that hasn't been done and, likely, done better?

Think bigger, folks.

However I find Del Toro too old to be playing a "young" Khan.

Kevin

I just did some checking on IMBD. Toro is 44 yrs old now. Montalban was 47 when Space Seed first aired (wow he was in great shape). So he is actually younger than the original Kahn.

Also, I hope they don't do a Kahn movie. There has to be new ST stories out there to tell. What's the source of this rumor?

Last edited:
You people don't seem to get it, this is an Alt. universe (as a Fringe fan I'm totally loving it), It can be Khan, but forget EVERYTHING you know about the character. They can totally redo his story and really make it badass.

I wants me some Alt. Klingons in it though, I noticed that the D-7s while similar were different enough to make me want a lot closer look.

You people don't seem to get it, this is an Alt. universe (as a Fringe fan I'm totally loving it), It can be Khan, but forget EVERYTHING you know about the character. They can totally redo his story and really make it badass.

Then why call him Khan? Why have him have ANYTHING to do with Khan? If you're going to TOTALLY REWRITE THE BACKSTORY! of the character, then why not just...make a new character? Let's say his name is Augustus Reese. He's an ex Starfleet captain who broke the prime directive and set himself up as an emperor in this system, using Starfleet technology, because he believes that conquest is the natural state for humanity. Now you have a thematic struggle between conquest and exploration. There. That took me 30 seconds to come up with. And maybe it isn't worth a crap, but it's better than just microwaved leftovers.

I wants me some Alt. Klingons in it though, I noticed that the D-7s while similar were different enough to make me want a lot closer look.

Except all of Khan's history up until meeting Kirk would be intact. The Eugenics Wars were in the 1990s, which was untouched by the time travel elements of Spock and Nero. He'd still be the same Kahn unless he was woken up prior to meeting Kirk in this timeline.

Since this new ST is in an Alt Timeline. I would've loved to see the Klingons discovering Botony Bay and enslaving the inhabitants. Finding Khan worthy, and giving him his own cruiser and crew.

I see no reason to believe they're doing anything related to Khan, but having Del Toro is an interesting choice, and I can't wait to see what they do with him. He's a more subtle actor, I think, suitable for a character who's more of a intellectual adversary than a physical one. Nero was much more of a physical presence, Khan was a bit of both. I think the intellectual adversary is much more interesting.

My plot: Spock Prime hasn't taken the destruction of Vulcan well, but unlike Nero, wants to improve the situation. Obtaining a ship and crew he starts removing all the threats to the Federation that they would end up having to face: Khan. The giant space amoeba. The Doomsday Machine. Nomad. He could also give Starfleet's R&D a wealth of knowledge (which could explain how he managed to get a ship powerful enough to take care of things.)

After all, this isn't his universe.

At some point, it becomes clear that he's going too far, that the Federation needs to deal with its own problems, and so they send Kirk and co. to reel Spock in.

They just CANNOT continue with the story that Vulcan is destroyed !!

... or can they :confused

I for one want to see that point 'cleared up' in the next movie, asap. It all just seems so 'wrong' as things are now.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back