Star Trek XII. And the new villian possibly is..........

I could see a Madman Trelaine type character, dark, even more unhinged, darkly comic at times but able to bring the threat.

That said, I am sorry, but Trelaine is a TV only character to me. He is not,even rebooted, strong enough to carry 100 million dollar budgets to the stars, IMO.

Now Del Toro as a bloodthirsty Klingon with designs on some evil thing, maybe.

I think a real problem exists now for the writers because how do you top Red Matter, a do all device, and destruction of a Key story element (Vulcans and Romulans) and still have magnitude. What makes introducing new elements easier on TV is the regularity of exposure to the key personalities and character devices. Lose that and do a movie every 3 years you could change the names of the principal characters and call it WarpStar and have a movie. Familiarity with a little newness works on that time interval, again IMO.

You've seen "Whom Gods Destroy"? "The Omega Glory"? "Patterns of Force"? Smells like microwaved leftovers... from 1968! :lol

Nope, haven't seen those, or if I did, don't remember 'em. I'm not enough of a Trek fan to have watched all the various episodes multiple times. I honestly just came up with it, sitting at the computer in the office. I mean, maybe I saw one of those ages ago, but I honestly don't remember it. It's a fairly obvious story, though, isn't it? (not necessarily in a good way, mind you -- more in a "Well duh, someone's gonna think of that eventually" way) The villain who ends up being the sort of polar opposite of a hero. A "What if our hero had taken a different path?" approach. I'm not saying my idea is perfect, or even that it's what I want to see. I'm just saying you don't need to go back to Khan just because Trek II was and remains popular. (Speaking of "blatantly obvious...") There are plenty of other interesting stories to tell.

Really, what ticks me off about the notion of using Khan again is the same thing that ticks me off about remakes and branded properties in general. I get a little tired of the crass manipulation of the public using these techniques. Doubly so because it seems to work so well.

Last edited:
I think DelToro will be cast as a Romulan. Now that Vulcan is destroyed, the Romulans may see a new opportunity to gain more power against the Federation. The possibilities are endless in that regard.

Yes, but we still know surprisingly little about the Romulan culture. Personally, I'd love to see more Klingon action, something more in-depth about their world other than the warrior stuff. Something more about Andorians would also be neat.

I suppose if you bring in something completely unheard of, there wouldn't be any continuity with what came before and afterward, but since there is a whole new timeline, they COULD go where no show has gone before!

Then why call him Khan? Why have him have ANYTHING to do with Khan? If you're going to TOTALLY REWRITE THE BACKSTORY! of the character, then why not just...make a new character? Let's say his name is Augustus Reese.

Because the same reason they just didn't make a new space opera series when JJ Abrams butt ****ed the series with the Apple iEnterprise with ten million lens flares which means eye protection is a must.

Name recognition.

The hack can't write his own **** and has to steal other people's stuff.

It took some doing, and I'm not proud of some of the things I had to do to get this, but I managed to find out that not only is J.J. Abrams going to produce, write and direct the next installment, but BDT will play Kahn. I managed to get ahold of a quick mockup Abrams did to show the brass what he had in mind.

I hope you enjoy, many Bothans died to bring us this information...

i made old star trek look like new star trek! - YouTube!

This one is supposed to lean heavily on Kirk's brother, Robert, and what happened to him after he ran away.

I can totally see them hiring Del Toro for a Mexican fix on Khan. The people doing these movies only know how to copy other movies - be it Star Wars or Star Trek.

I think DelToro will be cast as a Romulan. Now that Vulcan is destroyed, the Romulans may see a new opportunity to gain more power against the Federation. The possibilities are endless in that regard.

The way I see it is that the Romulans get blamed for the destruction of Vulcan, maybe because not everyone buys the story of it being a lone Romulan crew from an alternate timeline. The Federation and Romulans are heading towards some sort of confrontation, that's when the Klingons come in. Either allying with the Romulans or trying to push the two towards a war.

I guess the plot could involve the Enterprise trying to prevent a war. But destroying Vulcan is going to have major consequences to the Federation and how they work with other powers in the galaxy.

Waaayyyy OT, but why do Klingons and Romulans all have the same haircuts and wear the same clothes? :confused

Waaayyyy OT, but why do Klingons and Romulans all have the same haircuts and wear the same clothes? :confused

Eh? Vulcans and Romulans are pretty similar in look and clothing, but that's because they both are the same race. The Romulans began as a revolutionary group of Vulcans who refused to accept the Vulcan philosopher Surak's teachings of complete suppression of emotions. They split off from Vulcan society and kinda bummed around til they founded the planet Romulus.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back