1. Welcome to the Project Runs Forum!

This forum is intended for interest gauging and active runs. Due to the transient nature of this forum, please keep all research and ongoing discussion in one of our main forums so your information is not lost.

Only Premium Members can start a new run.

Click here for details on becoming a Premium Member.

Click here for the complete Classifieds Guidelines.

Dismiss Notice

Interest Star Trek Voyager Retinal Imager Kit Medical Prop

Discussion in 'Project Runs' started by renaissance_man, Jul 4, 2015.

1. renaissance_man

renaissance_man Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

36165069493_14dbc07a68_c.jpg Voyager Retinal Imager by JamieThomas28, on Flickr

The kit includes, the main body and back access panel and a clear 10mm acrylic rod.

For battery panel access I will include:
    2x brass inserts
    2x screws

Electronics will be down to the buyer, a 2 transistor or 555 chip flip-flop for the red and green topside LEDs (tutorial on Youtube) and a blue or red LED for the emitter depending on whether you prefer the season 3-4 version (Red LED) or Season 6-7 version (Blue LED).

I'm looking at around the $120 mark for the kit plus shipping costs which will be tracked and insured probably coming in at around $18-20.

If I can get at least 5 people in on this to start I can keep the price the same and get the parts 3D printed once all payments are in.

An example of the electronics in the finished prop with the battery cover on the underside removed.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2018
  2. StarWarrior

StarWarrior Active Member

I am in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. renaissance_man

renaissance_man Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Fancy imagining your retinas? This is the kit/prop for you.