Star Trek universal translator on EBay

goldcylon

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I saw this on EBay advertised as maybe from Master Replicas? I don’t think so but can anybody ID it thanks GC

It was EBay auction # 333640669278 Now in completed auctions? Thoughts licensed? Fan made ? It has electronics and flashes green and red when you speak into it.

1594435029425.jpeg

E1D47319-2314-4A3A-BA4F-3FC03F633573.jpeg

Last edited:
The one thing I know for sure is that it is not from Master Replicas as they never made one but it could have been from SD Studios as Steve did make them. I'm not up on who else made them over the years but as far as I'm aware none of them were ever licensed.

Yeah Mr never did those, iirc Steve did do a run of those.

Gary might be able to shed some light on who did if Steve did’nt

I bought one off Ebay over 10 years ago. It was solid aluminum and had electronics. I wasn't a member of the RPF at the time and just thought it looked good. Prices were cheaper back then. It's not the most accurate but I'm still happy to have it.

Thanks folks I knew this would be short work to figure it out. This has been ided as a Nicksdad original.

Last edited:
Gary, I don’t suppose you have any parts lying around? I’ve been after one for years.

That looks like an SD Studios version, although the lenses look a bit different and appear slightly darker in color. It could be the photography.

Here is my SD Studios version (a very cool piece):

D2EA7B4E-D2F3-4690-A62F-D7C8D53D0A48.jpeg

And the auction translator:

23DD455D-04E5-48D5-8F52-A22F39C9D743.jpeg

That looks like an SD Studios version, although the lenses look a bit different and appear slightly darker in color. It could be the photography.

Here is my SD Studios version (a very cool piece):

View attachment 1324372
And the auction translator:

View attachment 1324371

The lenses are different and I noticed the rectangle cut out edges on the SD are rounded or the lenses are rounded. Nicksdads version appears squared to match the lenses squared within the cutout rectangle.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back